Dr. Vaughn Gooding MD Patient Reviews

3.2
  • 7 reviews

November 23rd, 2012
Consider your options first!
I heard Dr. Gooding was great after I sustained a knee injury. I was taken to th e ER, sent home and appt was made with Dr. Gooding the following day. He had never met me before but when he first saw me he looked irritated. He told me I needed surgery. It was scheduled for the next day. I still don't know to this day what exactly he did during surgery and neither does my family. He has a poor bedside matter. At my first post hospital follow up visit he actually raised his voice to me and my over a miscommunication that was not our fault. He always walks in the room with a stern look on his face. If I could pick another doctor now, I would. I have a shoulder injury too and am not going back to his practice. I've found other staff from X-Ray to receptionists to be snooty too. He may be a great surgeon ( which I have yet to find out) but he lacks compassion!

March 13th, 2011
I was very satisfied with my treatment.He spent alot of time with me, which by the way, put his scheduled behind. I did not feel rushed, i felt like he really cared. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends. I have another orthopedic problem, and plan to see him this week.

December 16th, 2010
Compassionate and knowledgeable
Would not hesitate to recommend him to friends, in fact I have.

September 3rd, 2010
I thought he was very good. He did not push the idea of surgery and tried other remedies first. I had a problem with me kne and I fially opted for surgery. However, it takes a very long time to get an appointment. My knee is bothering me again and I have to wait for more then 3 weeks to get an appointment. Also, it a long wait once you get there for your appointmet.

May 7th, 2010
Horrible experience.
i had an awful experience with Dr gooding. I had to wait over 1 1/2 for my visit. Then he came in with an attitude and sent me for an MRI. Go back in 4 weeks, waited 1 hr again attitude and will do surgery but have to pay up front. Really bad staff with billing. Had prearranged for MRI. Then at the next appt to schedule surgery, worried about the money i owed for MRI and would not do surgery until paid even after explaining how i prearranged payment option. The billing clerk practically yells out how much i owe when i pay my co-pay to leave. Horrible experience.

March 28th, 2010
BEWARE
My experience with this Dr. was "HORRIBLE"! I waited 2 1/2 hours in the waiting room and was taking in as a side project on there lunch hour. This Dr. was more interested in paperwork than my issue. His examination was rough and incomplete. I wouldn't recommend him as a vet for my dog!

June 28th, 2009
Dr. Gooding was extremely helpful. I had a very rare problem with my wrist, and Dr. Gooding identified it. He told us right away that it may require surgery, and that he wouldn't be comfortable doing the surgery himself. He personally called a world-renown doctor at Mass. General who then pointed us to another world-renown doctor at Mass. General. Months later, we got a personal letter from him asking us how we made out, and he even remembered what our problem was and which doctor he had recommended for us. He was extraordinarily helpful!