A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Vaughn Starnes:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Vaughn Starnes is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Vaughn Starnes, MD is board certified in Congenital Cardiac Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 36 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Carotid Stenosis
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Cytomegalovirus Infections
- Ebstein Anomaly
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Heart Block
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Starnes graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He has 10 awards.
Dr. Starnes has 32 hospital affiliations:
- Centinela Hospital Medical Center
- Foothill Presbyterian Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Starnes accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- CaIOPTIMA - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Care 1st Health Plan - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Vaughn A. Starnes practice?
Dr. Vaughn Starnes practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Congenital Cardiac Surgery, Transplant Surgery, and Cardiovascular Disease near Los Angeles, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Pasadena, CA and Covina, CA.
See Los Angeles Surgeons, Los Angeles Cardiothoracic Surgeons, and Los Angeles Cardiologists.