Dr. Vaun Floyd Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vaun Floyd Jr?

Posted on July 19th, 2016

My dad saw Dr. Floyd before he retired and received excellent care from him. Unfortunately, recently we need an appt recommended by his primary since there was blood in his urine. The receptionist was rude, short and unwilling to sympathize with the situation was informed that he could only see a nurse practitioner. The appointment was scheduled 2 weeks out.

Undecended testie

Posted on July 10th, 2010

My son was diagnosed with an undecended testie at birth. The day after his birth I made an appt. with Dr Floyd but could not get in for two months. At my sons appt. with Dr Floyd, we were told that his testie was there, just a little high and it should come down by the time my son was 1 year old. Finally at a year it still was not down. During that first year we switched insurance and were referred to another urologist at UNMH. My son now has to have surgery to bring the testie all the way down but found out that this should have been done between 6 -12 months. Because my son will be 18 months when he has the procedure, they may need to take out the whole testie becasue it has shrunk and may be a small ball of scar tissue. We were told by the new urologist that it is better to get the procedure done sooner rather than just wait around for it to come down. Dr. Floyd had no concern for my son nor did he provide us with instructions on a follow up. I feel that this should have been monitored more closely by Dr. Floyd with follow up visits. I should have insisted on my son being seen again but I left it in the hands of Dr. Floyd that he knew what he was talking about. I would not reccomend anyone to Dr Floyd. If your primary care physician refers you to him, ask for a different referral. You may not get the care you need from Dr. Floyd

Posted on July 17th, 2017