A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Vedapurisan Viswanathan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Vedapurisan Viswanathan, Gastroenterologist is Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Viswanathan
Lung cancer is the #1 cause of deaths from cancer globally.Before Visiting Dr. Viswanathan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Vedapurisan Viswanathan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Viswanathan graduated from Jawaharlal Institute Of Post-Graduate Medicine & Research, Pondicherry.
Dr. Viswanathan has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Harford Memorial Hosp
- University Of Maryland Medical Center
- Upper Chesapeake Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Vedapurisan Viswanathan MD is a male Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Vedapurisan Viswanathan practice?
- Dr. Vedapurisan Viswanathan has 2 office locations.
Dr. Vedapurisan Viswanathan practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Bel Air, MD.
See Bel Air Internists and Bel Air Gastroenterologists.