Dr. Vedat Deviren Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vedat Deviren?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 8th, 2016

Disappointed new patient

Unfortunately my poor review is due to the appointment process and no reflection on Dr. Vedat Deviren because I have not seen him yet. I'm a new patient suffering from scoliosis and was told by a friend to visit him. I have been rescheduled 3 different times and the staff that calls is unapologetic and shows zero empathy. I want to meet him and am just disappointed that there is no consideration for the patients who have to make reservations at hotels or family who have to take a day off to come bring me. Sadly, I will go to Stanford. Being rescheduled 3 different times is absurd. And the careless attitude is inexcusable.

July 19th, 2016

Dr. Vedat Deviren, Brandon, and Carissa-BEST SPINE TEAM IN THE BAY AREA! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :)

May 26th, 2016

I am keeping my review anonymous because I do not want my care to be affected. I saw Dr. Deviren recently and I stand by my word that he has excellent bed side manner. He is thoughtful and sincere. He may come off as abrasive because of language but over the years I know when he is telling me something it's his passion that takes over. The level of care and passion is hard to come by these days with all the bureaucracy and politics being part of a top institution. What I was dissatisfied with during my visit are the two gentleman who were rough housing in the hallway. I noticed them as I was coming back from x-ray. They acted as if they were in a playground. But their rough housing was in the main hallway and could have injured an unsteady patient behind them. Whoever is in charge should bring this to their attention it's unprofessional and unbecoming for one of the top spine centers. I want to end my review thanking Carissa for her unending attention to detail and her true care and concern for her patients. She is one of a kind and should be rewarded for her accessibility and her hard work. I know I'm not easy to deal with because of my pain so I can only imagine how others are. However, no matter what she is dealing with in her personal and professional life, she never forgets about patient care and is always there to welcome us with her beautiful smile. Such a beautiful soul. I could never thank her enough for all her hard work.

March 11th, 2016

10 stars!

Carissa is a star assistant and would like her to be recognized for her hard work. It doesn't matter if it's after hours or weekends she is always accessible. I have been a patient of Dr. Vedat Deviren's since 2010 and the difference between then and now is like night and day. Carissa is confident, caring, and has a warm welcoming smile. I believe it takes a specific kind of person to work with a surgeon and Carissa is the perfect fit. I tell Dr. Deviren when I see him how lucky he is to have her and I hope he knows how valuable she is to his practice. Carissa I applaud you for who you are. Continue to shine bright like the star that you are.

January 30th, 2016

I have seen 3 other surgeons at UCSF Spine Center for my scoliosis but feel most comfortable with Dr. Deviren and his team. Dr. Deviren's Physician Assistant, Brandon, is so wonderful, compassionate, and extremely thorough and knowledgable. Carissa holds Dr. Deviren together and knows exactly how to run his practice. The customer service she provides exceeds what is expected of her. The other surgeons I have seen at UCSF do not have a solid team like Dr. Deviren's team. Both Brandon and Carissa go above and beyond their call of duty. Being a patient of the spinecenter for so many years I can say each employee is overworked and most of the staff are doing 2+ person job. This has no reflection on Dr. Deviren and his team but I think it should be addressed. This is a reflection on management overworking their valuable employees. I'm scheduled for surgery in the next few months and am trusting Dr. Deviren will fix me as he's fixed so many others.

January 28th, 2016

A Gifted and Insightful Surgeon

Dr Deviren is a truly a gifted surgeon with excellent patient communication skills. Prior to surgery he insured that I fully understood the scope of the surgery and all potential outcomes. He was very honest in his assessment of my back issues and took the time to thoroughly answer all of my questions both prior and post surgery. At no time with any of my office visits did I ever feel rushed. My surgery involved a multi-level fusion. Now, six months after surgery, I am not experiencing any of my pre-surgery back pain. I can stand straight and walk 2-3 miles a day with no issues. My life is back on track thanks to Dr Deviren, his awesome staff ( Carissa & JoAnn), and the whole UCSF Team. I would rate Dr Deviren with 10 stars if possible!

December 20th, 2015

Dr. Deviren and Carissa together provide another level of service of care. Dr. Deviren is a skillful surgeon while Carissa makes sure my many questions were answered appropriately and timely. I have been a patient of him for years and I have to agreed he has become a better Doctor since working with together with Carissa. Carissa's skill to follow through should be recognized and acknowledged.

September 15th, 2015

I write this review in all honesty. Dr. Deviren has operated on me 4-5 times. (lucky me). Dr. Deviren's bedside manner has improved since when I first saw him. I personally feel it's due to his assistant, Carissa Gonzales. She is not only sweet and wonderful but she's a firecracker when she needs to be. I come from far and she offered to set up all my appointments on one day done in a matter of 24 hrs. UCSF should use her as a model of what an assistant should be like cause some can use some training. And I agree below what Carissa has is a skill almost like an art on how she works. Dr. Deviren is fortunate. She has brought him to life full circle. Dr. Deviren is the best surgeon in town!

September 13th, 2015

From the Central Valley

Carrisa's following through after visits is a skill. I agree with one of the reviews below Carrisa never sounds overwhelmed or makes you feel rushed although she's very busy. I've been Dr. Deviren's patient for years and sadly none of his previous assistants have the skill like Carrisa. Dr. Deviren and Carrisa compliment each other; she has made him a better doctor, in my opinion.

August 7th, 2015

Dr. Deviren & Carissa Gonzales=hands down BEST surgeon & assistant at UCSF.

June 22nd, 2015

Dr. Deviren is the first surgeon who actually took the time to listen to me and heard me when I said being able to stand up straight is important to me. I can confidently say that I am now standing up straight and thrilled with my results. I was told by many local doctors that I would just have to "live with it". And his assistant, Carissa, she is a MIRACLE WORKER. I have seen PLENTY of physicians and she is someone who absolutely CARES about her job and her memory is outstanding. We need more people like her in this world, she is truly my biggest advocate. Thank you to the both of you for giving me my life back.

March 3rd, 2015

From a little town

Supberb bedside manner! Not your typical "surgeon": honest, empathetic, comforting, thorough. His assistant, Carrisa, what a gem! Carrisa's promptness and memory is just incredible. What a great team. I'm scheduled for surgery in the next few months and am so thankful I went for a second opinion and was blessed to see Dr. Vedat Deviren 5 stars all around!