Dr. Velarde Raras Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Velarde Raras?

2 Ratings with 1 Comment

February 24th, 2017

Possible Kidney Issue

I was in excruciating pain when I visited Dr. Raras in place of my PCP Dr. Winn, who was out of the country. I have been having deep seizure pains around my Kidney area for about a month. These pains have been growing in size and frequency. So I thought perhaps it might be related to a Kidney Stone issue. My immediate reaction from Dr. Raras when he posed the question as to what was wrong with me, was negative and highly suspicious.His demeanor suggested to me as if I were "Drug Seeking". He spent some glorifying time showing me IHOP charts as to how the life of a kidney stone progresses. His immediate conclusion without any blood tests or x-rays was I had a pulled back muscle. However, I told him the pains are deep and internal and when they seize up ,completely debilitate me to the point falling down. That was of no effect. I was prescribed medication I could easily purchase off the shelf from any CVS or Walgreens store. I feel this was a wasted trip. I still have the pains even though I bought the medication he ordered and took them as prescribed. I now have to seek a specialist. Perhaps Dr. Raras was having a trying day? I don't know. This is the third time something like this has happened to me at Kaiser. I am beginning to think that if I were not a Caucasian male, perhaps, I would get real treatment, instead of being marginalized.

February 3rd, 2010