A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Velissarios Karacostas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Velissarios Karacostas is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Velissarios Karacostas, MD, PHD is board certified in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Karacostas graduated from Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Karacostas has 2 hospital affiliations:
- University Hospital, Inc
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Velissarios Karacostas MD and PHD is a male Pediatric / Adolescent Psychiatrist, has 14 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Velissarios Karacostas practice?
- Dr. Velissarios Karacostas has 1 office location.
Dr. Velissarios Karacostas practices Psychiatry and Child & Adolescent Psychiatry near Cincinnati, OH.
See Cincinnati Psychiatrists and Cincinnati Child Psychiatrists.