Dr. Velvet Mcdonald MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Union City, GA

October 22nd, 2016
Worst Doctor ever!!!! Don't ever go
She almost let my baby die by not acting on things she should have had knowledge of. Her staff is ghetto and rude. I witnessed them refuse treatment to a patient because of a balance of 3 cents. I would never go here again..... Ever!!!!

May 10th, 2016
Thanks
I felt Dr. McDonald Very Professional and Knowledgeable. She help me to complete my paper work for a emergency procedure. She explain every detail of surgery and after care. Thanks for all you do, Doctor. I'm forever grateful.

August 3rd, 2015
Don't go there they misdiganouse me with herpes and never gave me paperwork showing I have it and never got my permission to get tested

April 21st, 2015
Worst visit ever. I will never return for services

January 5th, 2015
Unprofessional
Staff is very unprofessional only over the phone of course; doctor does not return call(s) she prefer you to discuss your personal health concerns to the receptionist(3rd party)? If you "supposedly" to be that person doctor you are to address any concerns they may have after having seen by you. My situation with this doctor and her employee(Deborah) did lead to me filing a complaint with my insurance provider & the medical board

May 15th, 2014
aweful
I made an appt for 1045. I arrived at 1030 to fill out the new patient info. I still jad not been called back at 1130 and there were 3 people in front of me. I asked for them to refund my copay and was told theyd mail me a check b/c they can't reverse a payment. NEVER AGAIN. I decided to go to a different provider. I originally scheduled my appt here b/c my doctor texommended this location.

December 9th, 2013
Do not come here
This doctor is unattentive and so is her staff. The pace is so slow its beyond irritating. I've waited over a hour and a half to find out she wasnt in office and sat in the exam room for an additional 45 minutes to be seen for 5 minutes of her time. Her front desk personal cant seem to multi-task and gets overwhelmed easily.

August 10th, 2013
I went to DR Velvet McDonald office for OB care while i was pregnant with my first child . The first visit i had just came out of emergency for and ovarian cyst and pain while i was 10 week pregnant for follow up .she told me that was normal and gave me a doctor note with lifting restriction for my employer. I was taken out of work. the next visit i went to i had extreme morning sickness for my whole pregnancy that she prescribe medicine for.I was so sick and sleepy i could not work . I went to fill short term disability paper work with my employer sponsor insurance . She told then that i could work when my employ said i couldn't. When the company ask her for paper work she keep send incomplete paper work the same paper work four 4 months. during that time i went for a sonogram at 5 month it took her 3 month locate and to even look at the result.I got a call for a high risk independent sonogram that i had appointment the next day. I knew nothing about this appointment so I called Doctor MacDonald office they told me they would ask the doctor. She scheduled the sonogram and didn't tell me. I went to the sonogram and was told my baby had fluid in his kidney from the sonogram that was taken 3 month prior. Thank god that the issue was resolve when i took that second sonogram.I go to my next appointment and tell her the result she told me what sonogram ?she didn't even remember setting it up, her intern reminded her.I continue going to vist wait 3 hours in waiting room and another hour in the exam room to be seen only to be seen 5 mins and sent home. this went on for my whole pregnancy.At this time i was still out on leave with no income they told me my doctor would not cooperate and send the document they need to approve my claim this went on for 8 month. Doctor Velvet office sent some one else information to the insurance company i told her she said she would fix it. She sent more of the same incomplete paper work till they denied my claim for lack of information. At this time i was so sick with extreme morning sickness I lost 10lb prior to my delivery. I was in for a checkup 2 week prior to my deliver she notice i lost 10 Lb she weighted me repeatedly be never did any thing about it.She act like she didn't understand why i lost weight even though I had extreme nausea an told her the medicine was not working. She even tried to prescribe my the same medicine i was already taking for nausea as if she forgot then im already taking it. 1 week prior to my due date i went to emergency room because i though i was in labor i was told i had to wait till my doctor office open up at 9am even though Doc Velvet is on call at that hospital. the next day so they could confirm how far along i was because of my weight and they had not receive my records for the hospital that i had filled in Doctor MacDonald office 4 week prior to delivery. The next morning in the emergency room they finally got the record and found out my water had broke the day before and the baby heart rate keep dropping I had been in labor 9 hour before while waiting for my doctor to send records. I was rush in for a emergency c-section that instant and had a 6lb 6oz baby boy.I did not see Doctor Velvet Mac Donald during and after delivery. Until the 4th day when she gave my son his circumcision and discard me home.4 Week later i went to her office for my post postpartum check up after waiting for 3 hour she took me in the room and didn't even check me. I was then told that i could not be seen at her office any more after that because i had other insurance that i did not even have . They had mixed me up with another patience. I went a got another doctor to do my postpartum checkup at another doctors office so i could go back to work.I also had to file an appeal with my short term disability insurance when they granted my appeal I went back to her office for paper work that I paid for but they never sent the result in or return call from the insurance company resulting in me being me being denied again.

August 1st, 2012
Patient
This is the only Dr I trust. If I had to have babies again, this is where I would come. She performed my Hysterectomy and I just trust her. She knows her stuff. Would not trade her for any other dr in the world. ONLY dr to touch me.

June 26th, 2012
Been going here for years and have overlooked many things but now time to switch. Wait times are outrageous and some staff are not polite or professional. I don't have a major problem with the doc herself but I think she needs a new business model. I've been hearing about more and more disgruntled patients.

June 19th, 2012
Great Dr.
I like that this Dr. has been practicing for more than 20 years. She is very knowledgable and I feel safe with Dr. McDonald.

September 23rd, 2011
Professional but busy
I found Dr. McDonald professional and efficient but very busy. She doesn't have the time to spend with individual patients and as a first time mother I wanted a little more personal attention. I don't fault her for the long wait as she has no partners and must see each patient personally. The staff was always courteous and professional.