inactive

Venkatreddy Akkanti Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 29th, 2015
SAI medical group/Dr akkanti/ nightmare
Worst pediatritian iv been to, staff is uneducated and disrespectful, all wearing trashy piercings, nails, street clothes. The waiting room is always a zoo. Kids yelling screaming and throwing things. Parents not taking responsibility or stop them. I strongly recomended that you try and find a different office. Not at all military friendly.

October 1st, 2010
Very good doctor
It is a little confusing as Dr.Reddy goes by Dr.Reddy instead of Dr.Akkanti. I have been a patient of his for two years now and take my 10 year old son and 6 year old daughter to him for their physicals and well visits. I am too lazy and end up calling his office the day before and they have been able to see our family. What I remember is getting antibiotics when I didnt have the cash. I was a little shy to tell him about my being poor but he was so kind. I will always remember that. The front office lady gave my daughter a sticker that she was so happy about.

September 30th, 2010
Great doctor..
Dr.Reddy is well known in the community for having sick-kids seen the same day. He is very kind and has been able to accommodate seeing my very large family. He answers all my questions. The previous post mentioned the new building which is so much nicer and well deserved for this very good doctor. The front staff speaks spanish fluently which I have noticed. Because he is able to accommodate seeing sick children the same day, sometimes the wait may be 30-40 minutes. My son had a terrible case of bronchitis and had fluid in his airways and Dr.Reddy saw him multiple times in the week and was always pleasant to see me.

July 9th, 2010
Dr. Reddy Akkanti's office is now relocated next to the walmart in a brand new building and with a much larger office area. I had an appointment for my son at 2:30. We got there at 2. When my son needed to use the restroom, we found out the toilet was full of poop and it wouldn't flush. I told the receiptionist and she told me she know. A few minutes later, she sent another girl behind the desk to go to the restroom and check it out. The girl went in and came right out. She came back with a plunger in her hand and went back to the desk again with no success. The restroom was left alone the way it was. No sign on the door for out of service. There were other families arrived and I saw kids and adults used the restroom and found out what we've been through. There are racks for magazines and books. All magazines and books were off the shelf and piled up. Some fell on the floor. Newspapers were on the floor. There were a large puddle of water underneath the water fountain. It's leaking. There were no caution signs found anywhere around. There are flies flying in the waiting room. The staff working behind the desk seemed not care at all. Two people walked in with camera and notepad in their hands. I'm not sure who they were, could be health care or could be the facility owners. They stopped by the restroom and took pictures. Once they disappear behind the office doors, the girl who had the plunger tagged the restroom out of order. During the two personnel were there and after they left, the restroom were used by new arrival hispanic patients. The sign is in English, but the staff behind the desk didn't say anything. There are hispanics working there. It was 3:15 then, and we were still waiting. I noticed 3 different families were called to go in the office, but they just arrived a little passed 3. I went up to the desk and asked what's going on. It's a new receiptionist behind the desk this time. She said the last a few families all had appointments and they all called yesterday. I told her we did too and it was at 2:30 and I did talk to a real person yesterday and I talked to that person twice. She said their appointments were at 2, but I clearly saw they just walked in after 3. We shouldn't have to wait after they missed their appointments over an hour. We were on time and yet we were still waiting. She pulled my son's file out from the very bottom of the stack and told me there was no record for an appointment. I asked her how much longed we had to wait. She could not give me an answer. It's ridiculous. I asked her to return my check I paid an hour ago. This is the worst service I ever got. Dr. Akkanti may have a brand new office with much larger waiting room and brand new seats, he will for sure lose his patients one at a time with a careless crew, disorganized desk and poor service.

May 21st, 2010
Great Sameday clinic style service!
I've taken my family to him for years and am satisfied most of the time in the overall in the last 14 years! A few so-so visits but everyone has off days in that length of time! He does a great service... I was a single mother for most of that time, with no Inurance. We get seen the Sameday everytime. When we didn't have insurance would leave with enough samples of antibiotics & other meds to get us better. He is also mindful of the cost of a prescrition when he didn't have them. What a blessing for us! His old office waiting room was kept clean but had stained carpets. He moved in 2010 to a much desearved NEW location and it's BEAUTIFUL!!!! All tiled washable surfaces! If you have bronchitis, strep throat, childhood skin rashes(chicken pox etc), genneral infection/fevers he is your man! He doesn't typically do stitches that in aware of. He has even been known to give a Sunday appointment for extreem cases. We love Dr. Akkanti ... Now we have insurance we get prescriptions not samples. We pay our copay as he does take most insurances.

April 19th, 2010
Terrible Experience
The front staff called me up after two hours of waiting to tell me that she couldn't verify my insurance copay. I didn't have a copay but she couldn't figure that out. By then my two year old sick son had had enough. Worst experience ever.