Dr. Venkat Rao-Chintapally MD Patient Reviews

• Sleep Medicine Saint Louis, MO

3.8

January 3rd, 2016
We would strongly recommend Dr. Rao. He is a fantastic doctor that always gives detailed explanations and listens to our concerns.

December 21st, 2015
I have been seeing Dr.Rao for 3 years and have received excellent care from him.

November 17th, 2015
Excellent Neurologist
I have two headache disorders, a rare facial pain disorder, and a rare genetic disorder that causes neurological problems. Dr. Rao is the only neurologist who not only cares about treating all of my issues, but working with me to find treatments that are acceptable to me in regards to side effects. He's willing to work with my primary care physician and neurosurgeon to work out care plans for me. Not only is he an amazing physician, he's an excellent person. Truly caring and I can tell wants to improve his patient's lives. I'd recommend him to anyone!!

September 17th, 2015
Arrogant and uncaring
This Doctor and his office are terrible. They can not even handle the simple task of sending a patient for an MRI. Their communication is the worst. Everything that goes wrong is the patients fault. They do not listen to their patients, by far the most arrogant and uncaring experience I have ever had with a doctor. They stopped answering their phone 15 minutes before their scheduled close of business. Every question I asked was met with argument and attitude. They wasted 3 days of my life. Do not go to this doctor, unless you want to be talked down to while they waste your time and money.

March 24th, 2015
My experience with the Doc was bad
I felt like I was being talked down to by someone that did not want to hear anything I had to say.

April 7th, 2014
Dr.Rao is one of the best doctors! I can't say enough good things about him. He spends time with you, listens, answers any questions or concerns, and gives an accurate diagnosis. I went through four other doctors and numerous ER doctors who couldn't figure out what was going on or help me but he did on my first visit. Dr.Rao truly cares about his patients!

February 10th, 2014
patient
He diagnosed me, followed me in the hospital, and I saw him once after. he was always quite professional. I switched to a neurologist specializing in my disorder and honestly wish I would have stayed with Dr Rao. He was direct and honest, no sugar coating but I like that in a physician. Anyway, no complaints here and I do feel that he is an extremely competent neurologist.

May 1st, 2012
Worst Experience with a Neurologist
Go find another doctor!!!! I have seen this awful person twice. He does not listen to questions, let alone answer them. Both he and his support staff are extremely discourteous. He has twice tried to push cpap machines and medications that three other neurologists have dismissed as him having a "deal" with the manufacturers and not as legitimate approaches to caring for the problem. Do yourself a favor and find someone else, ANYONE else.