A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Venkat Rao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Venkat Rao is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Venkat Rao, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Pulmonary Disease.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
Education & Awards
Dr. Rao graduated from Guntur Medical College.
Dr. Rao has 8 hospital affiliations:
- POH Medical Center
- Mount Clemens Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rao accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 25 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 13 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- Anthem - 24 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan