Dr. Venkata Devabhaktuni MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 12th, 2016
Although very quiet he takes time to listen to what is happening in your life and about any complications you may be experiencing with medication.

July 13th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr, Dev for little over 2 years. He is the best psychiatrist I have seen. He has helped me tremendously and takes time to listen to me! His staff is always nice and very helpful if I need to reschedule in the given time. I highly recommend Dr. Dev to anyone!!!!!!!

May 6th, 2016
Great Doctor, really cares.
Dr Dev is a GREAT Doctor. I've never had a Doctor spend so much time with me. The staff is always nice and professional but a little strict on policies. Dr Dev also shows more emotion then any other Doctor I've seen before, if he feels you have been treated unfairly by another Doctor or staff, he does appear to be really upset which makes me feel as though he really does care about his patients.

April 5th, 2016
Good for me
I like Dr. Dev. I am changing simply to work in a family therapy situation with a different doc that my family is established with. But I appreciate Dr. Dev and how he has helped me fight depression. He listens to me and makes good suggestions. Thank you, Dr. Dev.

April 2nd, 2016
Excellent Dr.

October 7th, 2015
Great Doctor
Dr. Dev is an amazing doctor. I am so grateful for him. I was severely depressed for 6 months. It was awful. In the beginning we worked through my issues. He would spend 45 min with me if he had too. I had to go him every week for about 2 months because the depression was so bad. He never complained.. He was there to help me get better. We tried a lot of different medicine. He never gave up on me. We finally found the right medicine and I am doing wonderful. I am out of the depression and I am back at work.

August 14th, 2015
Do not go see this doctor....
Everything goes okay as long as you pay him money, don't need him in between visits...and are doing well. He is only in it for the money and has no concern whatsoever about his patients.

June 2nd, 2015
Good guy. Effective Psychiatric care - helped me a lot. He's thoroughly knowledgeable on symptoms, diagnosis, and medications.

June 1st, 2015
My experience
On the recommendation of my counselor, I started seeing Dr Dev to see if I was taking the best medications for my illness. I found him to be courteous and helpful. He listened to me. I do realize that as a psychiatrist his job is to diagnose and treat mental illness. It is the job of a psychologist or counselor to talk and discuss the issues that come from that psychiatric diagnosis. I have found the office staff to be helpful and efficient. I have found that when an office has frequent office staff changes, it is because the staff is not meeting the Drs expectations for friendliness, efficiency and ability to the job. Once a person that meets the Drs standards is found, they stay there

May 13th, 2015
long time patient of Dr Dev-not a fan of his staff!
I have been seeing Dr Dev for several years for depression. When I call the office for an appt they are very rude. The staff is constantly changing and after reading all the previous reviews I have to agree on the staff and their attitude. I do remember when he had 2 employees years ago and then only one. My referrals and prescriptions, faxing to employer and forms were handled promptly. Now there are delays and verbal lashing. I am not sure why he has the constant change in his office but hope he decides at some point to rehire the previous office help. It makes me a bit concerned that he feels rude help is appropriate and just deals with it. I respect him as my doc but am beside myself with phone ringing and then staff hanging up on me! If you read this Dr Dev, please read all of them and realize your patients are being spoken to in an unkind action/manner. A word of advice, bring back the lady who was always happy, helpful and best way to describe her was dark hair and she spoke with a slight lisp. I cannot remember her name but her kindness was real. You cannot teach manners nor expect patience from your staff now.

April 7th, 2015
non professional front office staff
I have never seen such arrogant and rude office staff in a doctors office .

April 4th, 2015
Don't listen to the negative reviews
Really don't understand the negative reviews on Dr. Dev. I was a little nervous to see him after reading some of these but I'm glad I went anyway. He was GREAT! Very thorough, very understanding, and listened to every word I said. He didn't seem to be in a rush or worried about getting me in and out and on to the next patient. I was in his office for at least 45 minutes while we went over all the issues with anxiety and depression that I have dealt with most of my life. He wanted to know all the specific details and seemed to genuinely care. He made sure the medicines he prescribed me would all work well together and warned me of any possible negative side effects. I'm 100% happy I did not listen to the other comments and will continue to see him. I was very pleasantly surprised.