Dr. Venkatappa Murthy MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 31st, 2016
Best doctor ever! We have been using him since 1992. I would recommend him to anyone! My daughter is 19 and still insist she sees him. We love him and his staff! Too many great things to say!

October 24th, 2016
Came highly recommended when we were pregnant with my first born in 2001. And for good reason. We love Dr. Murthy and so do both my boys. We have been taking them to him since 2001. He is the best Doctor we know and we trust him with our two babies. I have highly recommended him to everyone I know who is looking for a pediatrician.

October 19th, 2016
Best doctor EVER!!!!
He is hands down , the best doctor. He is patient, kind, understanding, listens, smiles and will discuss with questions you have about your children. I have 4 sons that he takes WONDERFUL of!

April 29th, 2015
Best care in Athens, you feel at like family, LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM.

January 19th, 2015
Love him. We have been taking our kids to him since 2001. He is wonderful.

June 2nd, 2014
Dr Murthy has been our Doc for nearly 20 years. He has always been caring and privided my kids with excellent pediatric care. He has come in on a sunday to help us with our kids. What doc does that? You will not fond a better doctor for you kids anywhere! Thanks for you service dr murthy

February 12th, 2014
Avoid this pediatrician
Avoid this pediatrician as much as you can. This guy, and his entire practice, care money, not your children. The waiting time is much longer than other practices, and their staff are even not at average level. They will even give your children multi-vaccine shots on the baby's first month check up without notifying you. My kid got really strong reaction after he got multi vaccine shot at the 1st month check up, so I asked him if he can give my kid vaccine shots within 2-week (2 shots in first week, and 3 thereafter) when we went there for the next check up. Many pediatrician don't mind doing that. He first refused, then asked me to pay him $200 cash for that. I was confused so I asked my insurance company why I need to pay cash. The insurance company talked to him, and called me back, saying that it is not appropriate for this practice to ask me to pay cash, and suggested me to change pediatrician. I changed to another ped. whom we have been very happy with since then. Again, avoid this pediatrician as much as you can.

August 9th, 2013
Excellent Doctor
I am very surprised by the comments below.. My granddaughter goes to Dr. Murthy and I couldnt imagine taking her to another doctor. The office is not dirty it is out dated.. I like that, it shows it is his patients that he cares most about. I have never waited more than 15 minutes.. I do not mind the wait at all, because Dr. Murthy spends time with his patients... he listens and he has years of experience. I trust him with my daughters life! The staff is very nice and friendly! The nurses are caring and easy to talk to... I recommend Dr. Murthy to anyone who wants the best care for the child.

July 8th, 2013
Do not choose this doctor for your kids
We chose him because he is close to us. However, that was a biggest mistake we made. The office is not clean, the staff are not patient, and the waiting time is always LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. We had to wait average more than 1 hour to be seen by the doctor. The doctor intends to spend as less time as he can on the kid. He is also very rude, and cares more on money than the patient. They gave a shot on my kid when he was only 1 month old without notifying us!! They even asked us to pay them cash, while my insurance company found out the problem and called them to correct that. What a joke practice!

March 10th, 2010
Nuse is rude
The nurse was extremely rude! She showed no pacience on the phone, definitelly no recommendation! Can't imagine such a person cares about a baby!