A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Venkateswara Mootha:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Venkateswara Mootha is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Venkateswara Mootha, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Diseases
Education & Awards
Dr. Mootha graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Mootha has 9 hospital affiliations:
- Children's Medical Center of Dallas
- UT Southwestern University Hospital - St. Paul
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mootha accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 3 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan