Dr. Vera Meier-Bennett Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vera Meier-Bennett?

ADHD

ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Vera Meier-Bennett?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 4th, 2015

Superior Pediatrician

August 20th, 2015

She is very through with our child She asks all the right questions and gives the best advice. I would highly recomend her for any child.

October 17th, 2013

Dr. Bennett is the most knowledgeable pediatrician I have ever met. I saw 3 pediatricians who could not diagnose m daughter including the one who removed a tick from her a month prior. My insurance had changed and I was no longer able to see Dr. Bennett but I was desperate for answers and called Dr. Bennett from the parking lot of the 3rd dr. Who told me that nothing was wrong with my 7 year old. Dr. Bennett saw us right away and it took her all of 30 seconds to diagnose her with Fifths Disease AND Lyme. That's when I remembered the tick bite. Dr. Bennet is amazing albeit she is unconventional at times but that's what makes her unique. She's dedicated and gifted.

August 25th, 2010

I should have known.

I chose Dr. Bennett for my daughter because she was open on Saturdays, she was close to my house and the hospital, and she accepted my insurance. The hospital notified Dr. Bennett when my daughter was born(an infant must be seen by a pediatrician within 24hrs after birth), she was a no show, the hospital pediatrician ended up checking my daughter. Dr. Bennett showed up 2 days later, 10 minutes before I was leaving the hospital. So I ended up paying 2x for the pediatrician check-up. Whenever I had appts we would be put in an exam room and you could hear Dr. Bennett on her cell phone, at least 15 min. Once she gets into the exam room her cell phone goes off constantly, she rolls her eyes says, "its my boyfriend", THEN SHE ANSWERS IT!!! Unreal. Her clothing attire is atrocious. Not at all professional.The one side of my daughters head was a little bit flattened from birth. She sent us to a pediatric eye specialist when she was 2 mnths old, we questioned her on the age and also wanted an exact reasoning for sending us elsewhere. She couldn't pinpoint her reasoning, and started talking about infant eyeglasses. OH MY!! So we went to the eye dr...she said the same thing as we did...she is too young to be here...not until at the very least 6 mnths.So we told Dr. Bennett what the eye dr. said, so now she wanted us to see a neurologist, we got a second opinion. My daughter is fine, her head shape is normal, it is from the way she was laying in the womb, and from birthing. On top of all this, even if you have insurance, she surcharges you on anything from the actual check-up, to administering vaccines. I should have switched Dr. as soon as she blew off the 24 hr check up at the hospital.Very unprofessional.

April 13th, 2010

She is worth the Money

I stopped seeing Dr. Bennett a while back due to the surcharges her office charges and her charging for labs. Then my new pediatrician started doing the same thing. My child then got sick and the new pediatrician -- actually the pot luck pediatrician from the group practice was unable to give me an intelligent answer to what was wrong with my child. I called Dr. Bennett's office (I always thought she was one of the best doctors out there) and reluctantly (I dreaded how many surcharges I was going to be hit with as well as wondering if she would see my child as I had left in a bit of huff previously of the financial issues) scheduled an appointment (when I told them my child was very sick they had me come right in), my child was sick and I wanted an answer. While in the waiting room I had a conversation with some of her new staff and found out that the insurance company pays her office cost or below cost for vaccines and labs, leaving her no choice but to charge. In any case she saw my child, was very professional about it, she spent over 20 minutes with us, gave my child an injection, started them on a nebulizer and ultimately admitted my child to the hospital. The end result was a virus but it was clear that Dr. Bennett was covering all the bases had this been more serious than a bad respiratory virus.I am now back to seeing Dr. Bennettt as my regular pediatrician. The extra money is a small price to pay for sanity and peace of mind. Dr. Bennett seems to be the only doctor who is accessible 24/7 without an answering service, and is willing to spend time with her patients. Her office is not a factory like some other offices seem to be running today. I came to the realization that the insurance company was not paying her for the services she provided. Since I don't see Dr. Bennett driving around in an expensive car or wearing designer clothing I somehow suspect that this is not the most profitable practice out there. At the end of the day Dr. Bennett offers a premium service to her patients, I for one am happy to pay the small price for it. I can't believe I actually left her in the first place over a few measly $$$$$

October 6th, 2009

She cannot solve your problem. You'll have to learn to be a pediatrician yourself if having her as your children's doctor. Replace her easily by WebMD, or BabyCenter. She doesn't care.

July 21st, 2009

A raging alcoholic

Make sure she hasn't "had a few" before she sees your child!!! FYI "Doctor" Bennett: people CAN smell vodka on your breath! Go to AA before your license is taken away.

July 27th, 2016