Dr. Vera Garber MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0

June 22nd, 2016
Never Again
The doctor does not have a pleasant bedside manner. I waited an hour for her to come in after I had that silly gown on. When she came in it was like she was in a hurry. I tired talking to them explaining some of my issue I have been having basically brushed them off and told me if nothing changes come back why would I come back I'm there now trying to explain my issue. Then she was not gentle when it came to the pelvic which is a no no in my book. You have to call over and over again to get your results. I had to wait a whole month to get my results and they doctor didn't even call me to explain anything. You shouldn't go into medicine if you don't really care about your patients

October 6th, 2015
N/A
Won't be going back to this medical center or to Dr. Garber. No one would return my 4 phone calls regarding a discrepancy in my medication. She wrote the prescription wrong. No apologies from her rude staff once I did reach someone after 5 days. The office is dark and dank with a TV that is one of old heavy things. The guy at the front desk is unprofessional and sarcastic. When I had my physical, I had to call them for the results. Evidently, I was supposed to get a slip of paper from them with a phone number to call, but, of course, no one ever mentioned that detail. When you have a physical, your blood is taken separately and you sit in the waiting room for up to 45 minutes after your so-called physical before it's drawn. No urine is taken. Dr. Garber would ask me a question, and while answering it, she would roll her eyes and interrupt and ask the same question again, not allowing me to explain. Won't be going back. A prescription phone call should be returned within a day, not 5 days. I mentioned I thought I had IBS, and it was totally overlooked and not mentioned in return. Nice.

September 26th, 2014
Takes her time
I've been a patient go Dr Garber for many years and even though the staff is not the most competent she is the only Dr that sits down and talks with you (if only for a few minutes).

April 8th, 2014
Wonderful, caring physician
There should be more physicians like Dr. Garber. Very concern about me and my health. The only reason I am no longer her patient is because II moved from the area! I am referring a colleague moving into the area to her. Good things should be shared!

January 27th, 2014
Review by a Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
This doctor is supremely unhelpful and has no comprehension of the needs of older patients. My father saw her for hospital follow up and she was dismissive and though he had not been lost to follow up she refused to write prescriptions for his medicines unless we got them bubble packed. He would be unable to get pill out of a bubble pack. Just really clueless and lacking compassionate bedside manner

October 11th, 2013
Very professional doctor, no rash, spends as much time as I needed., accurate diagnosis, very good choice of medication selected. (lately I had very hard time to find right one). Very kind and friendly. Highly recommended appointment same day you call, waiting time was long but I do not mind, because I know doctor Gerber spend as much time as patient needs.

September 17th, 2013
Very Unprofessional
I came to Dr. Garber for chronic headaches. When I first arrived I was a little taken aback because there is a very large (2-3ft tall) poster explaining that payment must be made before services are rendered and other such matters. I was then given a multiple page document to read and sign outlining all types of charges and expectations regarding payment. I've never been to a doctor's office that was so in your face about getting paid. I felt the staff was very rude and unprofessional, but at first liked Dr. Garber and continued going. On my second visit, she referred me for an MRI and gave me a prescription for Vicodin to ease the pain until they figured out what was wrong. The visit was short and she seemed very rushed. I got the MRI at a separate facility, and was given a CD of images to provide my doctor and was told they would send a report to the my doctor. I returned to Dr. Garber's office and was again reminded how rude the staff was when the nurse loudly announced my weight after I stepped on the scale. I also asked the staff if I should give the cd of images to them or wait to give it to the doctor. I was told 'You can just keep that, we don't have the program to open it.' (My roommate however managed to open the files just fine on his laptop) Once in with Dr. Garber she told me 'The imaging center hadn't called so your MRI results should be fine' I informed her that they sent over a report, she told me to hold on and went to the front office to get it. I was appalled that she would just assume it was fine without even looking into the matter. She came back, told me the MRI came back clean and then continued to say "Yeah, I just don't know. I guess I could give you a sample medication and see if that works" I asked if it could possibly be my allergies and she responded "Well I guess you could try an anti-histamine if you want" She ended up writing me a referral to a neurologist and asking if I wanted more Vicodin. (I had just received my previous prescription less than a week before). Overall I found her completely unprofessional and she seemed to be guessing and prescribing medicine in hopes it would work.

June 8th, 2012
The most incompetent doctor I have ever met
Took my son to Dr. Gerber after he stopped BREATHING for two minutes. I told her I thought he was anemic (he had been acting tired, pale, and we have a family history.) She acted like I was over reacting and wanted an unnecessary blood test on my kid. She told me she would get back to me on what kind of tests. So, 1. Either she is incompetent doctor as doesn't know what test to order for anemia 2. Was blowing me off because she never called me back. Good thing I got a second opinion. My sons new doctor sent me for a blood test that day. Guess what.... I was right he is anemic and needs an iron supplement. Not only that but she missed that he has a heart murmur. This combined with the breathing spells and new doctor is sending us to a specialist next. I will never go there again.

February 28th, 2011
Underwhelmed
New to the area from the Midwest- have undergone several life changes in the past year and this is the first doctor I have had since moving here. I consider health insurance a luxury and I completely respect the work doctors do. Having a parent in the health care field and many family friends I went into this appointment with high expectations. I had an appointment to make sure all was okay. Felt underwhelmed- rushed-unfilled. Maybe I'm comparing this to Midwest where the service is overall better and the people are more friendly. If you are middle aged + and already have health issues this doctor may work for you. If you are a young professional who is healthy and are hoping to have a caring doctor who has the patience to answer your concerns... and to keep around for many years- look elsewhere.

September 16th, 2010
Beside Manner Fail
Wow. What a bad experience with a doctor. Dr. Garber swept into the room, did cursory checks, was not warm at all through any of the appointment, and then was rough when checking delicate parts of me. Not okay. The saving grace for her is the friendly and professional office staff that I dealt with.