Dr. Verena Boylan MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 16th, 2012
Outstanding physician!
I wish I could give Dr. Boylan more stars than 5. I have been a patient of hers for many years and I've never been one bit disappointed in her. She's seen me through several major life changing events, including the death of my mother. She has always spent time with me, even hugging me as she comes in the exam room. She is also my daughter's physician and we would never consider going anywhere else. She did my endometrial ablation and even called me at home a day or two later to see how I was doing. The person who said she didn't spend time with them was wrong. She has never rushed me in any way and has always explained several methods for me to try for conditions I've had. She also diagnosed a condition that 4 of the providers at Courtview had no idea about, one even telling me she didn't know what it was! In my book, Dr. Boylan is tops and I certainly hope she hangs around a very long time because she is the best gynecologist around.

April 26th, 2012
I use bio-identical hormones and Dr. Boylan told me to get rid of them. She would not look at why I was on them. She then proceeded to talk down to me as some doctors do. If you don't agree with her that is what happens I believe.
Doctor's Response

I am surprised to find this review in my homepage as: 1) My last appointment seeing patients this year was January 31, 2012 so I can't imagine that I am the MD she is commenting on in this review. 2) I routinely prescribe "bio-identical" hormones based on the recommendations of the NAMS and ACOG using FDA approved, pharmaceutical grade, products that are based on estradiol and micronized (natural) progesterone. 3) My style of interaction with patients is based on Motivational Interviewing which is interactive, personalized and non-judgmental, hardly the type of interaction being described above.

November 10th, 2011
Wonderful Doctor
I've been going to Dr. Boylan for years and everytime I have seen her she always knew what my problem was and gave me the help I needed. She spent time with me and explained procedures to me and what I should do. She's a wonderful doctor and I hope she doesn't retire anytime soon!

August 17th, 2009
I have, and will continue to, recommended Dr. Boylan. Her bedside manner, compassion, and accuracy in diagnosing makes for a terrific combination!

August 5th, 2015