A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Verna Porter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Verna Porter is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Verna Porter, MD is board certified in Neurology.
- She has special expertise in 14 areas:
- Alzheimer Disease
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Facial Pain
- Geriatric Medicine
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Memory Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Porter graduated from University of California at Los Angeles. She has 2 awards.
Dr. Porter has 7 hospital affiliations:
- St. John's Regional Medical Center
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Porter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 3 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 14 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Verna R. Porter practice?
Dr. Verna Porter practices Neurology near Santa Monica, CA.
See Santa Monica Neurologists.