Dr. Vernon Benson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

November 15th, 2016
Retired CPA
Dr. Benson was my primary care physician for over 25 years, until his recent retirement. He was my wife's doctor for over 40 years, until her death.

June 3rd, 2016
I have gone to Dr .Benson for 40 plus years . Wonderful Doctor .. Awesome man . We had a doctor/ patient relationship through my life together and he always treated me with upmost respect . When doctors stopped wearing their white coats , Dr Benson never did . I had the highest respect for him and all he has accomplished in his career . He helped build IMED to what it is today - one of the finest group of doctors in San Antonio . I would truly recommend IMED to anyone looking for s new doctor

May 20th, 2016
I been a patient of Dr Benson for close to forty years and he is an incredible diagnostician. I can't count the stories of him finding problems that no one else had. I have seen most of the other doctors at one time or another. This is a first class facility!

April 18th, 2016
absolute enjoyment to see an old friend again

April 7th, 2016
The Highest Marks for IMED
It was my amazing good fortune to have Dr. Vernon Benson as my physician for ten years. It was due to his expertise and kindness that my life has been saved twice, and my husband's life saved once, through correct diagnoses other former doctors missed. The staff is every bit as caring and efficient. This is a rare and wonderful practice.

March 23rd, 2016
We have been patients for more than 40 years and are very pleased with the care we have received. During difficult times and regular routines, Dr. Benson has been caring, thoughtful, and concerned. We appreciate that he has prayed with us and encouraged us as well as providing excellent medical advice, at times referring us to like-minded specialists.

March 13th, 2016
Excellent...professional, knowledgeable , courteous, easy to talk to....

February 25th, 2016
Moving to San Antonio in 2002 I was challenged to find quality medical care as I had enjoyed previously. After 2 attempts, a friend steered me toward Dr Benson...what a gift that has been! I have never felt as well taken care of as I have with Dr Benson & IMED. The quality professionism that exists with this team is above all. Thanks to all who make up the staff at IMED.

February 22nd, 2016
Long time patient
Dr. Benson has been my doctor for over 40 years. He is kind, compassionate and listens to my every concern. He has been at my side through numerous illnesses and surgeries. I am so blessed to have Dr. Benson as my doctor. I don't know what I would have done without him this past year when I underwent quintuple bypass surgery. He not only was there for me but my family. He is my doctor and friend.

February 21st, 2016
Dr Benson sets the bar HIGH for all other docs.
Dr.Benson is by far the most demonstrably caring doctor I've ever had. He's personable while professional, sincere, very observant of small symptoms and body language, thoughtful, thorough, and deeply committed to each patient as if they were his only patient. He's a delight to be around and makes me feel better before I even have a diagnosis. Dr. Benson is what every doctor should aspire to be to their patients! All that and a charming sense of humor, too. What's not to love?!

February 15th, 2016
Great Man, Great Doctor and Great friend.We wish him a great retirement.

February 9th, 2016
Dr. Vernon Benson
In the many years of being a patient with Dr. Benson thru IMED, I have been so pleased of the care and attention received by him and his staff. Dr. Benson although extremely busy, always takes time to go over your questions and explains what he is doing or is going to do and why. Dr. Benson is always calm and certainly is the best Internist and am so please that he is not only mine, but other family members as well. Thank you.