Dr. Vernon Dorfman MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Miami Beach, FL

2.6

November 14th, 2016
Dr. Dorfman is great! I have seen him for a couple of years and he is top notch

March 26th, 2015
Not good guys.....Parents be ware.

November 12th, 2013
Caused Drug Overdose
Dr. Dorfman caused me to have a drug over dose and almost die. He prescribed me 6 controlled substances to take at once which in turn caused me to drop my blood pressure and pass out. I had to be resuscitated my EMS. He was on my insurance plan and that is why I decided to go see him. He will just hand you medications and not tell you how/when to take them. He is very dangerous stay away from him.

February 22nd, 2013
Better you should spend the $ on a good expensive dinner
In those days he was a "primal" therapist. Mostly it was about HIM. The therapy AND he was a huge mistake. Very into himself. ugh.

February 18th, 2013
Funny and Painless
Well, he certainly does hand out the meds, but that is his job. He actually advocated, to me at least, a ton of other behavioral therapies and homeopathic remedies such as vitamins. He truly dislikes drugs and hates the drug culture. In all honesty, I go to him because I am already diagnosed, have seen a psychologist to discuss my issues, and find that meds work. I don't need someone to "talk to." But when we do talk, he is hilarious. I dig his bedside manner because of that. He is always accommodating; even helping me refill my scrip during Hurricane Sandy while he was "stuck" in Fla.

December 26th, 2011
good guy
Although he may have a lot of patients, I found him very easy to talk to and have not had any issues with waiting. He is genuinely into listening to me, and has been extremely helpful when I see him. Very compassionate and very nice, as for his tendency to prescribe medications, that is his job. For those unsatisfied with his treatments I suggest seeing a psychologist not a psychiatrist.

November 5th, 2011
A busy but caring Dr.
Dr. Dorfman is definitely a busy man, but there are not many psychiatrists in this city that take insurance. And while he plays more psychopharmacologist role for me, he truly cares and empathizes with me and often challenges my preconceived notions on psychiatry. As a recovering addict, Dr. Dorfman respects my sobriety, but is willing to catch me when my hesitance over helpful medication is completely fear based. He also worked with me around some insurance issues I was having in an efficient and productive way. I just feel like I have a partner in dealing with my psychiatric issues as opposed to Doctor who relegates my feelings. I'll admit, It took me two sessions to realize that he wasn't challenging the legitimacy of my feelings, but instead was asking provoking questions to try to find the best medicine for me. I've grown to really like the guy, despite his busy schedule.

August 3rd, 2011
Terrible
Only good for getting prescriptions. This guy is a terrible psychiatrist. He packs in the appointments and gives little time. Truly a joke.

July 28th, 2011
Somewhat good, somewhat bad
In reading the other comments I have to agree that DR. Dorfman crams a lot of people into his schedule. But the thing that bothers me the most is his tendency to chat. and chat....and chat....I have to re-focus him back to me! Isn't that his job? I am currently seeking a replacement.

February 16th, 2011
Worst experience at a caregiver
One of the worst experiences I ever had at a caregiver.Was stuffing a ridiculous amount of patients into his schedule. Has no staff. takes only cash. Talked about himself throughout the session. Judged and preached me his religious views. Gave me drugs for ADHD without making any tests, and at the very first visit. I went to him only few times. Predictably, no follow up calls were even attempted. He manages his little office as a fast food restaurant.To my opinion, of course, he cares only about money, regardless of the damage he may cause on the way. I think he's a disgrace to the profession. Will suggest to avoid at all costs.

January 4th, 2011
Awful
His "wife" tried to charge me $140 for an appointment even though my insurance covered 100%. When I called my insurance and had them confirm with them on the line, she told them they wouldn't be seeing me and they had torn my file up. I guess they didn't think I would actually call to check my coverage and would just hand them money. Run while you can.

December 13th, 2010
He sucks
"whiney" isn't a word, but "loser" is, loser. If you like pills you'll love Vernon Dorfman.