Dr. Vernon Kraus Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vernon Kraus?

Unnecessary Surgeries

Posted on October 23rd, 2014

Dr. Kraus seems like a kindly gentleman with a good bedside manner. However, I have suffered many problems since he performed two (it was later discovered) unnecessary surgeries. The first was to remove an IUD that supposedly migrated into my uterus. After surgery, he admitted that it hadn't migrated but that my previous doctor had cut the nylon too short for him to take it out in the office. I believed him. He put me on birth control pills instead. A few years later, he wanted me off the birth control because it was unsafe to take them for extended periods, or so I was told. I began have abdominal cramping and extreme pain in my lower abdomen. Dr. Kraus wanted to perform a hysterectomy. I was only 34 so I went to a urologist and a gastroenterologist to determine if my problem might be some other cause. After many tests and two years of pain, Dr. Kraus diagnosed me with a spastic uterus as the only solution. (I later learned from other doctors that no such condition existed.) Dr. Kraus admitted after surgery that he had found only one tiny fibroid cyst (which I now know could have easily been removed without a complete hysterectomy). Anyway, nice as he seemed to be, I believe he has caused me years of complications. This all happened 30 years ago; I'm only now writing this review because I now suffer from rectocele most likely caused by my vaginal hysterectomy.

Great Doctor

Posted on September 21st, 2012

Great Doctor, delivered both of my children, great bedside manners, an all around phenominal doctor...

The absolute best