Dr. Veronica Burda DO Patient Reviews

• 8 reviews

February 15th, 2017
My PCP
Dr. Burda has been my PCP for over 15 years at this point. She is an excellent physician, who genuinely cares about her patients well being from all aspects.

July 24th, 2016
No care for mental health of patient or family
I have been a patient of Dr Burda's for about 12 years so when my mom had a stroke and had to move in with me from out of town I had to get here a new primary care physician. Seemed easy to have her see Dr Burda. The second apt she went to took 2 hours because of the wait time and even though my mom was in pain she kept leaving the room for another patient. These two appointments with a "self pay" discount of 20% the bill is $408!!! My mom has been on narcolepsy meds for at least 7 years and her old pcp always refilled her meds. Dr Burda refused to refill her script stating she needs to get it from a Pulminary specialist. She refused even after I exhausted all avenues for a refill due to her not being able to get in to see the specialist for another 6 weeks. One of the symptoms is depression, irritability, and sleepiness... Which she was battling at an escalated rate due to the affects of her recent stroke. Dr Burda's solution was for me to take her to the ER for her withdrawal symptoms. I kept having to call the office as they would not call me back with answers from the Dr and I am still waiting to hear from Dr Burda herself on this, that was 5 weeks ago! I finally got the script from her old physician to make it through until her specialist appointment. I then tried to get my mom set up for speech therapy but they needed a script written from her pcp. This was another unnecessary challenge. Dr Burda refused to place the order, my mom has struggled with basic skills such as reading a calendar or knowing what time of day it is and is in need for this treatment. Dr Burda was waiting to see her INR results from when she was on Coumadin before she would place the order. My mom had been off of Coumadin for over a month at this point. They were having problems receiving the fax so after several hours of trying and almost a week had gone by I began calling the office to try and get a resolution. After a few more hours and asking if we could email the info (which we could not as Dr Burda refuses to get an email address for her practice) they finally have a second fax number and were able to receive the information needed. Dr Burda gets stuck on technicalities and doesn't care about the unnecessary added stress she is putting on her patients and their families. I have been pregnant during all of this and also have a two year old at home and Dr Burda was aware of this, as I was her patient as well, and had no concern to help me take care of the health of my mom. I have since found a new PCP for my mom and will be looking for one for myself and husband as well!

March 9th, 2016
Poor behavior. Always right in right out without a accurate, caring visit.
Our family health care provider was , Dr. Veronica Burda. Her office neglected my family, miss diagnosed my son and were just outright rude. I did my research and switched over to American Health Care. I do not normally do reviews positive or negative. I have to say this office has won me over ! Dr. Doug Schroer is awesome ! He is helping me with my type 2 diabetes and has seen both my sons even on a 1/2 hr notice one morning when my 6 yr old was really sick. This office has cared more and shown more in 5 weeks compared to Dr . Burdas so called " Family Practitioners " did in 5 years. If you would like to have proper heathcare for you and your family then I would strongly suggest to look up American Health Network in Hilliard.

April 2nd, 2015
LOVE Dr. Burda!!
I have been going to Dr. Burda for 14 years now and have a MS - she is very concerned with my prognosis, very thorough and ALWAYS greets me with a big hug, even when the appointment is for one of my children and not myself. I am extremely satisfied with Dr. Burda and will not go to any other primary. She always refers me to a specialist if she cannot treat my specialized symptoms. She has also been treating my children since they were 6 and 8 (they are now 21 and 23). She knows them well and has been our family physician since we have lived in Hilliard. The ONLY thing I would improve is the wait time .

February 20th, 2015
After waiting an hour after my 8.15am appointment, I left when the Doctor failed to show up

July 29th, 2014
satisfied and happy
I have been seeing Dr. Burda for YEARS and she is awesome caring person, she takes a personal interest in me, if I need to talk , she listens. thank you Dr. Burda youre the best!!

March 21st, 2014
Terrible
RUDE staff, especially the nurse and terrible doctor. Dr. Burda needs to get with the times. I have been taking Lexapro for several years and for some reason, Dr. Burda had a problem with renewing my prescription. She said I should only be on it for up to 6 months. She would make me come in every month just to get my prescription (so now not only having the cost of the script I now have the cost of the co-pay…I am guessing it is a way for her practice to make extra money.) Finally, I was told by the nurse that she was no longer going to write me my script because I did not want to come in AGAIN as I had just been in less than two weeks prior in which they took my vitals. I did not understand why I HAD to come in again. I asked the nurse if Dr. Burda would at least prescribe me a few days so that I could find another doctor, she said no. I spoke with a pharmacist and the pharmacist said that she could not believe the doctor as you never go off Lexapro "cold turkey" and that she has many many people who take Lexapro for years and that if a patient is doing well on the medication you don't change it. So when I called back to talk to the nurse about what the pharmacist had told me the nurse said, "The doctor is the doctor and that is just a pharmacist and I am not going to argue with you." In tears of frustration as I have NEVER EVER had any problem getting my prescription, I went to my computer, found another doctor, got in within the next few days. My new doctor was quite stunned when I explained to him my situation and said he had never heard of a doctor having problems with prescribing Lexapro. He then gave me a three month prescription and told me to call him if I needed ANYTHING!

October 14th, 2009
Run - RUN FOR THE HILLS!!
I've been trying to get a prescription for anti depressants refilled for over a month now. I call, give the information, and no script, no call back. I even threatened to ram my van into a tree if I didn't get my meds refilled. They still haven't called back or called in the script. They don't care about the patient, they want the money - they want me to come in, pay the co-pay, sit on a table, and ask for the script, billing my insurance hundreds of dollars when it could've all been taken care of in minutes.I wonder how they would feel if I really DID ram my van into a tree?I called today to get my records. NINETY DAYS. This is whether I request them or another doctor does. So I can't even go to another doctor to get my refill because they won't have my records for three months. PATHETIC.They just want your money. Run as fast as you can away from this office.