Dr. Veronica Schimp, DO
Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile

by Julie R. on Jul 1st, 2016

I owe my life to Dr. Veronica Schimp, thank you for all you are doing for me during my cervical cancer.

good choice show details good choice
by Elizabeth on Nov 27th, 2015

she was amazing before the process, and during the surgery

Dr. Shimp show details Dr. Shimp
May 27th, 2015

The office wait time was long, but that was just a minor thing compared to how my test results were given to me. I had to wait over 2 months for a biopsy and sonogram result. I was not treated well on the phone when calling to see if they had the results. They should know what a difficult time it is when waiting. Maybe because it was Christmas time, but that is not an excuse. No one followed up, and I had to complain to my oncologist before I was contacted by this office. It was very stressful, and I do not feel they had any compassion for me as a patient.

Jan 15th, 2015

Dr. V Schimp has a very generous and compassionate soul.

Oct 11th, 2014

She has a overinflated sense of her own importance. She is rude and refuses to see you back for follow up visits, pushing you to her np and female partners who are poorly qualified to help.

The best show details The best
Oct 25th, 2012

From the moment I met Dr Schimp, I felt like I was in good hands. She explained everything to me and my husband and took as much time as we needed. I went thru stage 3 ovarian cancer, had a robotic hysto, followed by 6 rounds of chemo. I am now seeing Dr Schimp every 3 months for follow up. Dr Schimp and staff make you feel like you are the only patient. Kindess, respect, sympathy and the best bedside manner that i ever experienced with any doctor. I feel so fortunate that my OBGYN recommmend me to MD Anderson and I feel blessed to have a caring Doctor who saved my life.

Jul 20th, 2012

I am very happy with Dr. Schimp. I had appointment with her last week for my follow up previous ovarian cancer. She is my new doctor.I am not American, sometimes I get nervous to see new people. But she tried talk slowly and gave me comfortable. She answers all my questions.

Dec 17th, 2011

Horrible doctor...

Aug 29th, 2011

Love this doctor. Helped change my life around

Aug 14th, 2011

If you Have Cancer This is the Dr for you! AWESOME doctor

Jun 27th, 2011

She came in with a student and some other un-introduced person. She spent about 5 minutes with me total, more than half of which was discussing my career path and nothing medically relevant. She did not provide an opening for any of my questions and brushed my medical issue off. I'm more than happy to see someone else!!!!

Phenomenal Surgeon show details Phenomenal Surgeon
Apr 25th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Schimp by my Gyn for hysterectomy due to early stage uterine cancer. She and her staff were absolutely the best. She takes all the time you need to make you feel comfortable and answers every question. She is extremely confident and kind. You feel at ease from the moment you meet her and will never once doubt her ability. I had the Da Vinci robotic hysterectomy and am so glad I was referred to Dr. Schim. Believe me, she is the best!!

super skilled surgeon w/ great caring demeanor show details super skilled surgeon w/ great caring demeanor
by h&m on Sep 12th, 2010

I was referred to D. Schimp due to elevated CA-125 blood test in combination w/ terrible uterine pain and possible ovarian cyst. She took plenty of time w/ me, explaining the test results and even wanted more thorough tests than my referring dr had done-- so once I got to surgery we had more info on my condition. She is the one you want if you have terrible endometriosis, as I did. My CA-125 was not positive b/c of ovarian cancer, but from the endometrioma. I had a hysterectomy and she was able to save my ovary- extra work in surgery but so worth it for me! I am eternally grateful for her skill and care.

None better show details None better
by j on Jul 27th, 2010

Dr. Schimp is nothing short of amazing - with her imposing stature, even more imposing intellect, kindness, and sense of humor, you know you're in good hands from the first second. I feel extremely lucky to have been referred to her.

Phenomenal Doctor show details Phenomenal Doctor
Apr 19th, 2010

Cancer is scary, but having a great doctor like Veronica Schimp gives me such comfort. Ladies, if you are in need of this type of doctor, there is none better. Dr. Schimp is first, and foremost, excellent at diagnosing and treating; her bedside manner is professional, caring, nurturing, supportive, and she gives you all the time you need to ask questions and understand the situation. Most doctors give an exam and then run out of the room. Not this doctor. She asked today if there was more that she could help with several times... ie: pain meds, nausea meds or questions about chemo. Let's not forget her incredible team of nurses and doctors that work with her. When you're unbearably sick, she and her team react quickly and get you all the help you need to feel better. I couldn't think of a better place to be for stage 4 uterine cancer. I have a lot of hope and confidence and it's all because of Dr. Schimp and her team at M.D. Anderson.

Paitent to Doctor Recommendation show details Paitent to Doctor Recommendation
by K. Bracey on Feb 26th, 2010

Dr. V. Schimp was recommended to me by my OBGYN. Dr. Schimp and her staff were very professional and caring. Dr. Schimp took the time to sit down with you and explain in detail what may cause the problem and answered all the questions my husband and I had for her. I would recommend Dr. Schimp to anyone that may need to go see an OB Oncologist