Veronica L Schimp, DO
Oncology Specialist (cancer), Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Surgical Specialist
Video profile
Orlando Cancer Center
1400 S Orange Ave
Orlando, FL 32806
321-841-8393
Locations and availability (4)

|  The best  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

From the moment I met Dr Schimp, I felt like I was in good hands. She explained everything to me and my husband and took as much time as we needed. I went thru stage 3 ovarian cancer, had a robotic hysto, followed by 6 rounds of chemo. I am now seeing Dr Schimp every 3 months for follow up. Dr Schimp and staff make you feel like you are the only patient. Kindess, respect, sympathy and the best bedside manner that i ever experienced with any doctor. I feel so fortunate that my OBGYN recommmend me to MD Anderson and I feel blessed to have a caring Doctor who saved my life.

Jul 20th, 2012

I am very happy with Dr. Schimp. I had appointment with her last week for my follow up previous ovarian cancer. She is my new doctor.I am not American, sometimes I get nervous to see new people. But she tried talk slowly and gave me comfortable. She answers all my questions.

|  Doctor of Excellence!!!  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

In my opinion Dr. Veronica L. Schimp is the best at what she does. Shes the top of the line for surgery and care. Dr. Schimp listens to the concerns of her patients and tries to accommodate them. I know this first hand. She was my doctor/surgeon in May of this year (2012). Before operating on me, she took the time to meet with me to find out what my concerns were. She explained the procedure, answered any questions I had, even if it didnt pertain to the surgery. Shes a kind-hearted person. He staff is excellent as well. They all go above and beyond. In all my 35 years I have never been treated with such respect and compassion from a DOCTOR let alone a HOSPITAL. I mean from the nursing staff to the surgeon, I was well pleased. I highly recommend Dr. Schimp.she is the absolute BEST!!!

May 10th, 2012

my experience with this very remarkable and dynamic doctor was one of the ease and comfort. dr. schimp's experience and expertise, along with her many accolades for her contributions to her specialty instills immediate confidence in her ability. her demeanor is professional and courteous, however she also exudes compassion. i am thankful to have her at this scary time in my life - she is my angel.nancy magnerMay 2012

|  Has she changed?  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2012

Not happy with this doctor. On 3rd recurrence of ovarian cancer. Scrimp switches and cancels appointments. She stated everything was fine and I didn't need to be seen and she tried to cancel my last appt only one day before. I wouldn't cancel because I had real concerns. My chemo was giving me extremely high blood pressure. (never had anything but perfect blood pressure). I had high aAmounts of protein in my urine which was dangerous for bleeding as well as kidney failure especially for me as as surA previous surgery had left me with only 1and a half working kidneys. I was not able to receive my chemo the previous week due to high protein so apparently scrimp was fine letting me miss two or more treatments.???? In the 4 months I was in treatment I had only met with her 1ce for 5 minutes. I had also been having excruciating headaches. Scrimp left me waiting in the waiting room for an hour and 15 minutes. At an hour I asked WHEN I would be seen. I was told after 1 more person. 3 more people were called. Finally I was called. The nurse asked how I was and I said I was upset at the wait and the unprofessionalism of scrimp. It was another 20 minutes until we saw a chimp. My chemo appt had come and gone and I could not stay to get treatment at schimps leisure because I live with my daughter 3 hours away in ft Myers and we can not afford multiple nights in an orlando hotel. When schlump came in she didnt even apologize for the wait SHE berated us for making a fuss!!!??? A fuss? Apparently she did not like being criticized for her unprofessional, uncaring attitude, even though well deserved. Due to the results of my blood/urine reports she completely changed my chemo treatment BECAUSE I was in dire straits. So her selfish opinion that I didn't need to be seen was incorrect and very negligent. In my opinion after many cancelled appointments, exceeding long waits uncaring of my personal needs of time, money and travel constraints and uncaring attitude regarding my dangerous medical conditions, I think this doctor no longer follow the hippocratic oath. I have not seen any quality of care or caring from her. She is lucky she has a good staff !!!

Dec 17th, 2011

Horrible doctor...

Aug 29th, 2011

Love this doctor. Helped change my life around

Aug 14th, 2011

If you Have Cancer This is the Dr for you! AWESOME doctor

Jun 27th, 2011

She came in with a student and some other un-introduced person. She spent about 5 minutes with me total, more than half of which was discussing my career path and nothing medically relevant. She did not provide an opening for any of my questions and brushed my medical issue off. I'm more than happy to see someone else!!!!

|  Phenomenal Surgeon  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Schimp by my Gyn for hysterectomy due to early stage uterine cancer. She and her staff were absolutely the best. She takes all the time you need to make you feel comfortable and answers every question. She is extremely confident and kind. You feel at ease from the moment you meet her and will never once doubt her ability. I had the Da Vinci robotic hysterectomy and am so glad I was referred to Dr. Schim. Believe me, she is the best!!

Dec 22nd, 2010

I have been having problems for a long time with Endometriosis and cyst on ovaries. I recently had a hysterectomy this summer with another Doctor. But since the surgery I have been having problems with my bladder. I went to Dr.Schimp and she was so comforting and concerned about my quality of life and I walked out of her office knowing she was going to help me completely.

|  super skilled surgeon w/ great caring demeanor  |  show details
by h&m on Sep 12th, 2010

I was referred to D. Schimp due to elevated CA-125 blood test in combination w/ terrible uterine pain and possible ovarian cyst. She took plenty of time w/ me, explaining the test results and even wanted more thorough tests than my referring dr had done-- so once I got to surgery we had more info on my condition. She is the one you want if you have terrible endometriosis, as I did. My CA-125 was not positive b/c of ovarian cancer, but from the endometrioma. I had a hysterectomy and she was able to save my ovary- extra work in surgery but so worth it for me! I am eternally grateful for her skill and care.

|  None better  |  show details
by j on Jul 27th, 2010

Dr. Schimp is nothing short of amazing - with her imposing stature, even more imposing intellect, kindness, and sense of humor, you know you're in good hands from the first second. I feel extremely lucky to have been referred to her.

|  Phenomenal Doctor  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2010

Cancer is scary, but having a great doctor like Veronica Schimp gives me such comfort. Ladies, if you are in need of this type of doctor, there is none better. Dr. Schimp is first, and foremost, excellent at diagnosing and treating; her bedside manner is professional, caring, nurturing, supportive, and she gives you all the time you need to ask questions and understand the situation. Most doctors give an exam and then run out of the room. Not this doctor. She asked today if there was more that she could help with several times... ie: pain meds, nausea meds or questions about chemo. Let's not forget her incredible team of nurses and doctors that work with her. When you're unbearably sick, she and her team react quickly and get you all the help you need to feel better. I couldn't think of a better place to be for stage 4 uterine cancer. I have a lot of hope and confidence and it's all because of Dr. Schimp and her team at M.D. Anderson.

|  Paitent to Doctor Recommendation  |  show details
by K. Bracey on Feb 26th, 2010

Dr. V. Schimp was recommended to me by my OBGYN. Dr. Schimp and her staff were very professional and caring. Dr. Schimp took the time to sit down with you and explain in detail what may cause the problem and answered all the questions my husband and I had for her. I would recommend Dr. Schimp to anyone that may need to go see an OB Oncologist