Dr. Vicki Blackmon-Davis MD Patient Reviews

• Legal Medicine Frisco, TX

June 23rd, 2016
Annual Wellness, Means your well. Its a quick check up, that's why it is covered once a year by most insurance companies. Insurance companies just do not educate patients enough about this process. Definition: •Update the health-risk assessment you completed •Update your medical and family history •Check your weight and blood pressure •Update your list of current medical providers and suppliers •Screen for cognitive issues •Update your written screening schedule from previous wellness visits •Update your list of risk factors and conditions and the care you are receiving or that is recommended •Provide health advice and referrals, to health education or preventive counseling services or programs. Doctor Davis is a great doctor. Yes there are off days, but what person doesn't have an off day? Difference between the Doctor and her Patients is, if the patient doesn't like one thing the doctor does, the patient no longer wants to be involved with that doctor. But how about when the patient goes to the doctor office and they are having a bad day and give all the staff an attitude or is just unpleasant? The office doesn't have a choice to just end care, bc there is a process to terminate a patient and in a professional way at that. Every doctor has their own way of practicing. Just like every patient have their different needs and expectations. Speaking from experience, I would highly recommend Dr. Davis, for her great patient care!

April 7th, 2016
Worst yearly physical EVER!!!
Made an appointment for a physical. Had labs drawn at that time. Exam consisted of a few questions, listening to chest in three places, touching my ankle, and I think she listened for a second to my abd. She stayed in the room may be 5-10 mins and asked me a couple of questions. Never got a follow up call about any of the lab work either. Very disappointed.

December 23rd, 2015
Dr. Davis cared for my family for over 15 years. Her compassionate and thorough care got us through some tough times. She and her staff are a rare breed in healthcare now.

November 13th, 2015
Old School Dr. who CARES
Very impressed, on how much time she spends with her patients and if you call and have a question the dr. Actually takes your call.

October 26th, 2015
Be aware of this concern......
My family selected and was assigned to Dr. Davis as a PCP who was accepting new patients. When we went to make well-care exams her office indicated they could not take us at this time (hmm?) but we could be seen under a Nurse Practitioner operating in an alternate office under her practice ~ so we did. That NP has since gone out of business and Dr. Davis' office is refusing to acknowledge us as patients of her office and refusing to resolve an issue with a prescription written by the NP. Again, keeping in mind, Dr. Davis referred us to this NP and as being affiliated with her practice and who she has benefited financially from that relationship ~ but is refusing to acknowledge us as patients of her practice and refusing to help resolve our prescription issue. Instead stating we are not patients of her practice, she is not taking our insurance (even though she still appears in the Providers under this specific plan with the insurance company, even though we were assigned to her and she receives compensation for that, even though the insurance still shows her as taking new patients and even though we were seeing her affiliated NP), she will not assist with resolving the prescription issue and we will have to go find a new physician, get assigned to them, be seen by them, transfer our records to them....and when that is all done however long that may take, get the prescription issue resolved. WOW!! Somehow I just don't see any of the many layers of the above as fitting into a caring, ethical practice, nor via various applications of the Hippocratic Oath: "The health of my patient will be my first consideration" "I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm." "I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug." "I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick."

October 29th, 2013
Dr. Viki is an Angel in disguise as a human!
Great bedside manner, staff and Dr. Very thoughtful at all times, even when rushed!!! Dr. Viki has called us more than once after hours to check on June's condition. When was the last time you experienced that? She is generous with her time, making sure she has ALL the information. We are in our 70's and 80's so we have experienced a Doctor or two in our lifetimes. Some have come close but, Dr. Viki Blackmon-Davis is an exceptional Doctor you must experience....

September 6th, 2013
Its funny how people are quick to judge from reading these awful reviews on line. Doctor Davis went to school and is very nice and goes out of her way to see you. She not up on "state of the art" office. She a doctor who went to school for many years and continues to practice on her own, not with a group, she sees every patient that comes thru her doors your not pushed off on her assistant. You actullay see the doctor. I have recieved a phone by her given me results over the weekend, she leaves her personal phone number on the answering machine, everytime I call the office a real person answers, not a standard answer service with press 1 for appointment. If you want quailty care, 1 on 1 care, personal attention, a real office staff to greet you and take care of your needs this is the place.

July 9th, 2013
very professional, excellent
I am a doctor myself (not working, though) and I know when a doctor is really concerned. She is very professional, made diagnosis at the spot, answered all my questions and concerns and of course is very experienced. Its hard to find a good doctor these days (one who really knows what he/she is doing) and I have found one after many years.

July 8th, 2013
OMG, after reading the previous reviews for this Doctor I wasn't sure I wanted to go there, but I needed to be seen on an urgent basis. I called their office, was able to walk-in the same day, yes I had to wait but so worth it, paid my insurance copay, saw this Doctor in her Frisco office, she was very nice and the staff although very very busy, very courteous. I will definately keep seeing this Doctor.

June 25th, 2013
Unprofessional behavior from the staff
Very bad experince. Was new patient. Had to wait 35 minutes for my scheduled appt. Office staff speaking in spanish in front of me. Not very professional. Should speak english unless they need to speak spanish. Makes you feel like they where talking about you. When i checked in at front had to wait in line while she talked to a drug rep . Thought i was never going get checked in . talking about her grandchildren. Maybe she is in wrong field of work. The whole staff very unprofessional. Doctor Davis needs to overhaul whole office staff. Not very good business. I will not refer any of my friends.

September 24th, 2012
I have and will recomend Dr. Davis to others.

September 13th, 2012
Professional, knowledgable & caring doctor
Dr Davis was my doctor years ago; I moved from the area and upon return to Texas, I found a GP / DO close to my new residence. After a chance to compare, I asked Dr Vicki to take me back as her patient. Her patients are fortunate to have the best Doc in North Texas.