Dr. Vicki Heller MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecology Brookline, MA

3.6

March 19th, 2013
Get a second option; better yet, get another doctor
I visited her as a first time gyn appointment while going to college in Boston. She gave me a pap smear which I found out from my primary doctor that she should not have as I had not been sexually active. She gave me medication for PCOS which I took until I got to see my primary doctor. My primary doctor questioned her diagnosis, did blood work and ultasound with negative results for PCOS. I showed her my test results showing that I did not have PCOS. I asked her why she was giving me one of the medications not related to PCOS and she said she wasn't. She then looked in her computer files and said she didn't know why and took me off of the medication. I later tried to get insurance who had me as having a pre-existing condition with a quote that was off the wall because of this diagnosis. I explained what the insurance company said, and she basicly said not to worry, because MA healthcare and or Obamacare would cover pre-existing conditions. Well, I don't live in MA and the letter didn't help or change anything from the insurance point of view. I asked her to write a letter to the insurance company but she said she couldn't undo what was done. She did write a general letter with some suggestions (getting in contact with the state insurance commissioner, and there were other insurance companies with different plans). All of which hasn't helped me with a pre-existing condition which never existed....

August 23rd, 2012
My Worst MD Appointment... Stay Away
Dr. Heller spent most of the session looking at her computer screen typing. She was very judgmental regarding my opposition to the HPV vaccine and my previous sexual history. She made inappropriate and unprofessional comments that two other doctors I have visited since have confirmed to be false and stated Dr. Heller had no right to say. She also stated she had not reviewed research on the mini pill (progesterone-only birth control) in several years, but only after I questioned the accuracy of the information she had told me. Would definitely suggest finding a different GYN in the Greater Boston Area.

June 19th, 2012
I love my ggynecologist.
Don't know how many people can say this about their gyn. I have been going to her for over 20 years, and it never ceases to amaze me how complete and thoughtful she is. The only downside, is that sometimes she is late: but on the other hand, she never rushes the visit, and she listens better than any doctor I know. I have sent everyone in my family to her, including my daughters, so you know that she is very special.

September 14th, 2011
Very Smart Physician
I have been seeing Dr Heller for almost fifteen years and and have never been disappointed by her. The ease of getting an appointment and wait times have improved since she stopped seeing OB patients. She may seem brusque but she is focusing on your health issues. No small talk here. She is on her laptop because that's where your history is and where she updates it all. She is amazingly thorough and engaged. No stone is left unturned. Dr Heller is passionate about her work. I have seen her through good times and scary times for me and I always trusted her to treat me appropriately. I trust her knowledge and her drive to find solutions. She is a very smart woman and a very compassionate doctor.

September 6th, 2011
Always running very late, but a crackerjack physician
I strongly recommend Dr. Heller, as she is a very caring, thorough physician who has strong diagnostic skills and treats the "whole" patient and not just body parts.You will sit in chairs for a LONG time, even if you're the second appointment of the day, but I have been seeing her for more than a decade and am happy to wait since I know my visit will be thorough and she will leave no section of the exam undone or un-asked-about. Her manner is abrupt, and takes some getting used to, but what you lose in cuddliness you gain in frankness, honesty, and real compassion. I had an emergent condition that came about as a result of taking BCP and despite the fact that *nobody* could have predicted it, she continued to blame herself for having prescribed the pill. She becomes very involved in her patients' total well-being, far beyond the boundaries of a single office visit.I have had her take a call exactly once in my many years seeing here, and that call was (from what I could derive, certainly no privacy violations there) some bad news about a patient's test results and Dr. Heller actually started crying in front of me, she was so distressed.I would encourage people who don't need perkiness in their doctor to seek her out, she is one of the best.

August 2nd, 2011
Unusually thoughtful and thorough -
Delightfully thorough, empathic, and smart. Figured out something my own internist missed. Spent a long time making sure she understood me and that I followed her explanations. I wish there were other docs like her.

June 6th, 2011
spent more time on laptop than talking to me, took a cell phone call during the exam, rude and unprofessional

October 9th, 2010
This was the first gym I have been to that spent enough time talking to me and listens to my concerns, she took a complete history.and explains things so I understand. She runs overtime sometimes, but sometimes the person she is spending a lot off time with you.

March 18th, 2009
very thorough
She is very thorough! Also a very nice and caring doctor.