Dr. Vicki Macy Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Vicki Macy?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 4th, 2015

Have been Dr Macy's patient for many years. Excellent gynecologist.

March 25th, 2015

Awful doctor

Because of Dr. Macy's negligence, I sustained permanent nerve damage while delivering my baby. It is now 5 1/2 years later, and the pain is a constant struggle in my life. She ignored me in the hospital when I said something was wrong. She ignored me during a week long stay in the hospital while I was 20 weeks pregnant and had to have my appendix out. I would NEVER in a million years recommend her to anybody.

January 6th, 2015

love her

Very likable, extremely efficient,have seen her for years and love her.

October 4th, 2014

My doctor for every

You know some doctors hurry through your appt. But not macy. Sure i have waited and hour to see her but worth it. During my first pregnancy she took time to answer my question. Helped get my morning sickness under control and walked me through how to control my diabetes. When there was concern on my child's movement she monitored me in office. Then sent me to hospital for more tests. She called ever half hr to get updates. She consulted with specialist about everything. She herself called my room to say i was checking in and having a baby. I ended up having a c section and she had all specialist on hand. Plus the pediatrician to make sure all was good. I never got scared for she talked me through everything. SHE IS WORTH THE WAIT

March 3rd, 2014

Prioritized packing in patients over quality care

Dr. Macy was pretty much out of the picture most of the time. I have never gone to any appointment where I didn't wait at least an hour to then just see a nurse or helper to only wait longer in my exam room. I had an ultra sound which lead them to the conclusion that I would need a D & C. After spending most of my time waiting to talk to nurses, I was told to go home. I drove home only to shortly get a call saying to come up to the hospital ASAP for the D&C. I get there only to wait hours on hours with my IVs, all hooked up and ready to go (not a very comfortable way to wait, not to mention the emotional state of facing a miscarriage). My husband, who had rushed from work to be with me started getting worried after waiting soooo long (3 hours +). He checked only to find we were waiting on my doctor who was still at her office. I have no problems with things coming up in this line of work, but no one checked on me and I could've been at home waiting for a call to come in. This is not my only experience with this staff that is full of unsympathetic, unorganized, and unprofessional care. After strike two and three, I learned it was not an exception but the rule. Dr. Macy can be the best in her field but it doesn't matter if you never see her. They have packed way too many patients into this practice in order to move a lot through with minimal care, thinking only of their own time. I am paying DR. fees, I should see my DR! If you are looking for professionals that run a professional practice... I would not recommend this clinic. It is an OBGYN farm. I am not the kind of patient that expects super attentiveness, just basic decency and I never got it. They are down right dismissive! Never have I had a worse experience with any other administration. I will wait for a good doctor if the time I do get with them is focused, at least read my chart and know my name before you come in. A wait is one thing, Missing in action is another!

September 24th, 2013

I saw Dr. Macy for abnormal bleeding. I am 44 years old and had previously seen another doctor at a different clinic who never successfully diagnosed the problem. Dr. Macy demonstrated great concern, recommended appropriate tests including a uterine biopsy, and ultimately performed surgery to remove uterine polyps. She discovered through the surgery some additional disorders. At every visit she answers all of my questions and concerns, outlines treatments and medical options, talks me through procedures, and has a great bedside manner. I have never waited more than ten minutes at any appointment. I love Dr. Macy, especially for non childbearing issues.

August 13th, 2013

Don't see Dr Macy!

This was my first baby had no idea what to expect figured the dr and nurses would be sweet and help walk me threw instead i was told that being sick during pregnancy is normal i need to just suck it up. I knew that being pregnant would not be a walk on the beach but I lost on average 4 lbs a week and mind you i started off my pregnancy at 125 lbs I had spotting and called panicked and instead of calmed down or I was told well keep track of how often it happens. Her nurse practitioner is HORRIBLE i paid to see my dr not some nurse who doesn't care. I ended up switching to a new dr who is MUCH better and I will make a point to let everyone know how terrible my first months of pregnancy were with dr Macy's office no one especially a first time mom should have to go threw that!

June 12th, 2012

Wouldn't See Me

Prior to my wedding, I went in to see Dr. Cannon and had a great experience. I was about to make another appointment to start talking about getting pregnant. Then it ended up that my period was late, there was a lot of bleeding and cramping, strange greyish discharge, and finally a gushing of blood. I called the Dr. office, because I was scared. Dr. Cannon was out of the office, so they had someone named Stephanie call me back I took over 2 hours for her to return my call. She told me to come in for a blood test to see if I had a miscarriage and she would have the results in the morning.While at the office, I only talked with the receptionist and lab tech... never saw a nurse or doctor. I waited the next morning for a phone call with the results and finally called at 11:30 to find out what was going on. I was nervous and scared... wanting to know what was wrong with me. When I called, the receptionist told me that Dr. Cannon wasn't my doctor... someone had switched me to Dr. Macy without informing me. I really liked Dr. Cannon and was mad that they switched me without talking with me first.Finally, 2 hours later, Stephanie called me back and said that there was no pregnancy hormone in my system so there is NO WAY that this would be a miscarriage. When I asked what was wrong with me, she responded that it was just an abnormal period and just to wait and see if it ever happens again. Then she quickly ended the phone call... never even asking if I was still bleeding, which I was.I spent the entire weekend doing internet searches trying to figure out what was wrong with me as the nurse didn't want to take the time to talk with me about my concerns. I found everything from cancer... to how common it is to receive false negative blood tests... to qualitative vs. quanitative pregnancy blood tests... to advice on calling the Dr. for an exam and not just waiting to see what happens... and not just getting advice over the phone. I finally talked with a friend who is a nurse at a hospital who was able to calm my fears.I like Dr. Cannon... and have never met Dr Macy who is supposedly my doctor now. Yet, if this is how the staff is going to treat patients and keep us away from actually seeing the doctors, then I don't want to contiue going to the Avenue's Women Clinic for my medical needs. Needless to say, I am looking for another doctor.

June 5th, 2012

She's Great!

I've had both of my children with Dr. Macy and have been incredibly impressed. Yes, you do wait, but if you plan on it and call ahead, they are always honest and tell me she's running 10 min behind or so. And take a book so you're not frustrated! She tries to deliver every baby of her patients, which I love and it makes me willing to wait a little for her. I've never been turned away... the RN came in and did the appointments when she was delivering.I had appendicitis while pregnant with my first and she diagnosed it and got it taken care of immediately.She is so skilled. You may think she is demanding or abrupt at times, but it is really to help you make the best decisions. She knows women's bodies SO well. And you won't regret the decisions.

May 8th, 2012

Plan on a 2 hour wait

No matter when I schedule the appointment I have waiting over an hour. Average about 2 hours waiting time.Then I have gotten turn away and asked to come back once or twice because she was sent into surgery or something.

April 16th, 2012

Very Poor Treatment

I had my first baby with Dr.Macy. I DO NOT recommend her to anyone. Just to summarize, she has never called me by name! After all my prenatal visits she was not even able to learn my name.She keeps asking me about my son when in reality she delivered a baby girl. The labor was very traumatizing. I will never have Dr Macy as my D. again!

March 29th, 2010

Dr. Macy Is Simply The Best

I am done having babies so I do not see Dr. Macy anymore. I am so glad that she was my doctor and delivered my one and only child. My entire pregnancy was the best and Dr. Macy took great care of me. I think that she is like the movie star of baby delivering doctors. I also loved the staff. Stephanie, Dr. Macy's, nurse is awesome.