Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
might as well just go to specialist first show details might as well just go to specialist first
Jun 15th, 2015

Every time I have gone to see Dr.Sidmeyer she will send me to a specialist. I should just go to specialist first and save the office visit fee since all she wants to do is send me there anyway. I refuse to be seen by her P.A.s I feel that if I am going to have to PAY my hard earned money to see the doctor then I should see a doctor not a PA. added to that my insurance is being charged an outrageous amount for me to see a physician in the first place. It also seems to me that she just doesn't really give a fig about her patients, I bet she could not tell you my name if she saw me out side of a treatment room unless she had her tablet with her maybe not even then as I had not been checked in. ok rant over

If you're lucky enough... show details If you're lucky enough...
Mar 18th, 2014

In the 6 years she has been my doctor, I have actually seen her face 3 times. Every other time I've called I have been referred to someone else. If I'm sick I get sent to Care Now. My annuals are done with someone else - by her referral. My breast exams - referred to someone else. Recently when I called for a prescription refill for my seasonal allergies I was told that I would need an office visit. Allergies that I have had for my whole life (I'm 38), that I take medicine for EVERY year, and that are WELL documented in my medical records. I suddenly have to pay $100 for an office visit just to be told what we both already know. Guess times are tough and she suddenly needs my money?? I will be switching doctors.

Was brutally honest, was met with hostility show details Was brutally honest, was met with hostility
by MB on Feb 6th, 2014

I've only seen her twice. First time she was GREAT and thought I had found an amazing doctor in McKinney. Second visit, for my follow-up, I admitted that I wasn't completely honest about my drinking a few weeks earlier. I had been trying to control it, but as an alcoholic, that isn't always possible. After explaining to the nurse that I had been less than honest, I was greeted with much hostility when Dr. Seidmeyer entered the room, which I somewhat anticipated, but not to that level. I was very apologetic and admitted that I shouldn't have done that (but hellooo, I'm an alcoholic!) No one wants to admit that they drink too much and it's causing major upheaval in their marriage… but I did, I admitted everything to the fullest extent, and she chastised me and dismissed everything said for the rest of the appointment. I continue without walking out, amazingly enough, because I want results, and I want to quit drinking!!!! I said I’d like to try a combination of Vivitrol with Campral, to get me OFF of this even burden I've been dealing with for the past 27 years. She grabbed her little medial book, then told me she does NOT prescribe Vivitrol (which I referred to as Naltrexone, all one in the same). I was puzzled & asked why, and she simply stated that she just DOESN’T. I’m sorry but I’m asking why again, because it’s supposed to have amazing results for people with my disease. She told me, ‘because it’s a controlled substance’, which is false. •Vivitrol is non-addictive, with no mind- or mood-altering effects. •Vivitrol is a once a month injection, not a daily medication, which increases compliance with the treatment regimen and reduces the risk of relapse. •Vivitrol (naltrexone) is an opiate antagonist, while Suboxone and methadone are opiate agonists. •Vivitrol is not a controlled substance according to the Drug Enforcement Administration. Final thoughts about Dr. Seidmeyer: Any doc that "refuses to educate him/herself" does not deserve to have you as a patient. He/She is suppose to help you by rendering expert advice tailored specifically to you based on specific knowledge of your body, your psychology, and YOUR goals. Anything less is a failure to live up to his/her end of the bargain. If they can't or won't do this, dump them and find doctor able and willing to practice up to this most fundamental standard of care.

Jul 5th, 2013

Great doctor, courteous staff. Highly recommend.

Unprofessional show details Unprofessional
by Suzie Que on Jun 19th, 2013

Dr. Seidmeyer was rude and unprofessional in my dealings with her. I felt very uncomfortable and she talked down to me and asked irrelevant questions about the cost of my upcoming surgery. She also charged my insurance company for lab work that WAS NOT DONE. She absolutely cannot deal with any sort of constructive criticism and chooses to turn it around and play the victim. How sad. I would not recommend this physician to anyone.

AWFUL!!!!!! show details AWFUL!!!!!!
Jun 5th, 2013

Have seen Dr. Seidmeyer for about 15 years. Calls herself a "family" physician, but refused to talk to me about my adult daughter's care even with my daughter's permission. When I asked to speak to Dr. Seidmeyer, the PA or a nurse regarding medications she prescribed for my daughter, no one would talk to me. Then she sends me a letter telling me to find a new doctor, that she would no longer treat me. So BEWARE!! Ask any questions or get upset at all and she will IMMEDIATELY refuse to see you ever again. Even after being a patient for 15 years.

Excessive testing show details Excessive testing
May 24th, 2012

I've seen Seidmeyer several times and she has never diagnosed me correctly. I will not make the same mistake and ever return there again. She also LOVES to run up your bill by ordering unnecessary and expensive tests even after you tell them they are not needed and then charges your insurance company.

Apr 21st, 2012

Great Doctor. Down to earth, honest and caring.

Beware the Staff show details Beware the Staff
Feb 18th, 2012

Our family has been going to Doctor Vicki for years. The doctor is OK, but her staff is an issue. One disagreement with staff (not over money), and the doctor refused to see anyone in our family again. Doctor didn't even call or talk to us to discuss. It is sad, as we didn't want to have to change doctors, but were forced to. Beware the staff here, they are a problem.

Dec 27th, 2011

She is very knowledgable. If you have a specific problem, that requires a specialist, she will refer you to the best.

Aug 23rd, 2011

Dr. Seidemeyer is a very nice Dr. and takes the time to sit and talk with you to figure out what is going on. Not always easy to get an appointment to see her, but her PA's are very nice as well and you can usually get in to see them the same day for minor issues.

Love these guys! show details Love these guys!
Apr 12th, 2011

I have been going to this office for a long time, probably 8 years now. I'm always able to get an appt when I need one, wait times are usually minimal, staff is very friendly. I have recommended this Dr's to my friends and they love them as well. Keep up the good work gang!!

Oct 21st, 2009

diagnosed perforated colon as stomach flucompletely missed thyroid enlargement that turned out to be 9cm tumorused to listen, too busy now