Dr. Victor Atun, MD
Plastic Surgery
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Best bedside manners EVER!!  |  show details
by Monica on Apr 23rd, 2014

I want to start off by stating that my consultation with Dr. Atun is tomorrow. I met Dr. Atun when I took my cousin to her surgery with him a few weeks ago. I was in the pre-op room with her finishing up her prep work for surgery when he came in to let us know he had made it and to see if she had any last minute questions before she went off to surgery. My cousin wanted me to accompany her because I am a nurse and I knew what to ask and blah blah blah. Needless to say she was a little nervous about her surgery and he could sense this so he immediately started explaining what he was going to do and what she could expect. His sense of humor was amazing!! After that she was at ease and he started marking her for surgery. Since she could not see what he was doing I was standing there and he explained everything to us both and he pointed out to me all the marks and their significance. I then let the room when she was rolled off to surgery. Shortly after, Dr. Atun found me in the waiting area and gave me an update on how the surgery went and I was very grateful for this. Dr. Atun just oozed with confidence and I was sold at that moment and know that this was going to be my surgeon! I can't wait to meet the rest of his crew tomorrow at my consultation!!

by MARY on Jan 16th, 2014

HAVE HAD MANY PROCEDURES WITH MD ATUN, EXCELLANT WORK, VERY VERY NICE AND GREAT STAFF EACH TIME

|  A Doctor You Can Trust  |  show details
by Roberta Cohen on Nov 9th, 2013

I met Dr. Atun when he was brought in to close on my hysterectomy...have done a facelife and multiple chemical peels with him since. I have nothing but respect for his skill and he and the members of his office staff are warm and caring. Highly recommended!

|  Extremely happy  |  show details
by Tawana on Sep 4th, 2013

I was actually going another Doctor but a friend was going to Dr Atun I went to check on her after the surgery for almost a week I saw the scar in how flat her tummy was even swollen. I needed redo tummy tuck that a previous Dr did I was never happy with.Dr Atun has did 100% change on my tummy I LOVE IT He made me feel so much SEXIER and LOOK FAB.Thank you Get ready im sending the ladies your way......XOXO

|  Best bed-side manner ever!!!  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2013

I went in recently for Juviderm and a facelift consultation. In all my 55 years, I have NEVER had any doctor spend as much time with me as Dr Atun did. He was literally explaining, educating, evaluating, and most especially LISTENING to what I wanted to achieve for nearly 40 minutes. It was like I was in Medical Twilight Zone. Maybe he was having a light schedule that day and had some extra time, but he didn't have to spend it with me the way he did, did he? I was very impressed with the time and the attention he dedicated to helping me understand everything about the procedure. He was extremely nice, demonstrated a high level of competence in discussion of all the technical aspects of the surgery, and asked me at least 5 times what questions I had. I was there for Juviderm that day, which I have had a few other times. This was the only time anyone NUMBED my face with a local anesthesia, just like at the dentist. It was AMAZING!. No pain or discomfort at all, and he was able to manipulate the Juviderm and place it far better than if he injection was causing pain and he had to hurry. It looks amazing! I will go back for my facelift this fall, and can't wait!!! To be fair, there was an issue with my appointment time. They had to call me to change my appt because Dr Atun had an emergency surgery. But unlike other claims of rudeness on this site, the call was professional. They were not only courteous, but very apologetic. And the dr even also apologized once I saw him. I frankly was surprised he was even aware, as I see this sort of thing as an admin staff function. How can you hold an emergency surgery against the Dr or his staff? Some people doing reviews are so unreasonable! Thanks Dr Atun for my great Juviderm result. See you soon for the facelift.

|  Very Unprofessional Staff  |  show details
May 1st, 2013

The staff is very unprofessional. I purchased a Groupon for Botox at Dr. Atun’s office in March. I immediately called to book an appointment to redeem the groupon voucher and was told that they were booked up until May. I told them that I had just purchased a groupon that expired on May 1st and they said that they could squeeze me in on May 1st. I asked if it would be a problem redeeming my groupon that day since it was the expiration day. They said no and told me to just print out the voucher and bring it. On May 1st, when I arrived for my appointment, I was told that they had attempted to call me earlier to inform me that they needed to reschedule. I had no missed calls. I told them that I had to hire a babysitter and drive an hour for the appointment. They were unapologetic and said that I should contact groupon to try to get a refund. While I was in the office calling groupon, two other patients came in with the exact same scenario. The clerk told them they had tried to reach them to reschedule but they had no missed calls on their phones. I would not recommend this place to anyone!

|  reconstruction of facial scar  |  show details
Sep 4th, 2012

I'm very happy with my results.

|  breast reconstruction and cool sculpting  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2012

I've had 3 previous boob jobs with really bad results. Dr. Atun reconstructed my breasts to make them look more natural and I am thrilled with the results. I also have gone in for one cool sculpting session on my lower tummy and am going back for more. Very Pleased!

|  Ask LOTS of questions and understand what you're getting into  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

Things at Dr. A's office were odd from the start. The front desk staff do NOT seem to know what they're doing. They're rude and ignore you, and act as though you're interrupting their personal time (texting, etc.). They screw up on scheduling as well. Also, I was not aware that it would not be Dr. A performing my procedure. On the first visit he introduced himself and answered my questions (very nice guy), but then excused himself to let his office staff do the procedure. When I came back for my second visit, they told me I was scheduled for a different day, even though I had a card that they had written the appointment on (for that day). The entire appointment was awkward and uncomfortable, and I could tell that the technician was "put-out" by having to work me in. There was a definite lack of a comforting bedside manor, and I left feeling like you do when you leave a salon with a bad haircut. I'm going back because my procedure sessions have been pre-paid, but my expectations from the staff are low. I know they're capable of doing the work, and the procedures are going fine, so far, but I guess I'll just have to overlook the "attitudes".

Doctor's Response

We are very sorry for your experience. We appreciate your feedback and are taking all the steps so this will never happen again. It is unfortunate that situations like this occur but without people like you, we would not be aware of our faults and what areas of our office need improvement. Thank you so much. If you have any other issues, please do not hestitate to speak to someone in the office.

|  breast augmentation  |  show details
Jul 26th, 2012

After suffering from breast cancer and having one of my breasts removed, Dr. Atun completed a reconstruction of my right breast. I finally feel like a whole woman again. I am completely restored to what I was before, and both breasts are balanced and beautiful. Not only is his surgical skill amazing, but his level of care surpasses all other doctors with whom I have delt during my ordeal.

Doctor's Response

Thank you kindly. My office staff and I use your comments to improve our services to the best of our ability. We are thrilled to have pleased you.

|  Love, Love, Love...  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2012

I love Dr. Atun! He has great bedside manner and does awesome work.

Doctor's Response

Thank you kindly! My office staff and I attempt to impress each and every one of our patients through hard work and sensitivity to their needs.

Jul 5th, 2012

Docotr atun recently performed liposuction on me. I am very pleased with the results. Office staff was nice, helpfull. Doctoar Atun even answered the phone when I called his office!!!!! I highly recommend him.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words!

|  face lift and breast augmentation  |  show details
Jul 3rd, 2012

Dr. Atun's surgical expertise and bed side manner are second to none. I am not only thrilled with my results but also feel younger and sexier than ever! My husband and I thank you, Dr. Atun, for everything. Next year, I am coming back for lipo of my tummy, thighs and back.

Doctor's Response

Well, we hope to see you again! I'll be thrilled to perform lipo on you to continue a youthful rejuvination of your body. I am also pleased to hear that your husband is enjoying the new you!

Jul 2nd, 2012

very please with the overall expirience.

Doctor's Response

Thank you! We are pleased that you are pleased!

|  Boob job  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2012

i was really nervous to have my operation done. I went to a bunch of different doctors before i saw Dr Atun. He was less expensive than the other ones. I am soo happy. I feel better about myself than ever. Thank you soo much! All the girls in the office were soo sweet and helpful, even when i had lots of questions.

Doctor's Response

I attempt to keep the fees for my procedures down to a minimum in order to keep my practice competitive with other doctor's offices and to save my patients' money. Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey and for your kind words.

|  Facial reconstruction and scar revision  |  show details
Jul 1st, 2012

I normally don't bother with reviews but after seeing the slanderous comments someone left about Dr. Atun I just had to say how amazing he is. He basically saved my daughter from a life of ridicule. She's ten and was in a accident that left her face badly scarred. Not only did he make her beautiful again but did so with integrity and a warmth I've never seen in a dr. She was frightened to even see another dr after everything she had been through but after her first meeting with Dr Victor all the tears disappeared. Thank you for healing her and myself as well.

Doctor's Response

I really appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey. My patients' happiness and satisfaction with my services are my highest concerns. I was thrilled to work with your family and was very pleased myself with the outcome of the surgery. Thank you for your faith in me.

Jul 1st, 2012

Dr. Atun is an amazing doctor who has a personality like no other docter he makes you feel very comfortable.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words. My staff and I use these comments to maximize our effectiveness and bring the best possible service to our patients.

|  Dont think it twice!!  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2012

I came to see Dr. ATun, He did a tummy tuck on me.. and it looks Perfect i am in love with his work, i would go back to get any other Procedure Done any time, His staff is just great, THey try to work with you and they are very Helpful.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words.

|  Cosmetic Procedure  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

I have visited Dr. Atun for Botox injections, Juvderm in the lips and cheeks, facial peels, laser hair removal, and body contouring with cool sculpturing. For all of these procedures both Dr. Atun and his staff exhibited professionalism and attentiveness. I will return to his office again and recommend him to my friends.

Doctor's Response

Thanks you for your patronage. My staff and I appreciate your kind words.

|  My Tummy Tuck  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

I had a great experience from start to finish. The office kept me well informed of everything that I was going to expect. I was given a garment for aftercare and also was given complimentary laser hair removal. I was treated with so much respect and courtesy.

Doctor's Response

My staff and myself strive to provide excellent service, and we appreciate your kind words.

|  Not Professional  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

They do not know what they are doing. The doctor doesn't even work on the laser hair removal treatment, his front desk ladies do. They were very rude, unprofessional. The assistant who did my laser didn't mention how the procedure works especially when it was my first time ever. She came in and just started zapping with the laser tool without notifying how the procedure works, what I should or shouldn't do when I get home. NOTHING. There were no courtesy of a reminder of an appointment. They were rude over the phone when making an appointment. You can only make an appointment between 8am-11am. They do not follow up with you. Basically they're all in for the money, getting you in and then out of their office. I got a bad burn from the laser to where I have scabs. Its like a bad burn you get from a hair straightener. Because it was my first time, I didn't know it wasn't supposed to be like that. The doctor doesn't even introduce himself nor tell you an assistant will be working on the you. You just meet the assistant and the assistant only. I HIGHLY do not recommend going here.

Doctor's Response

I am sad to hear that you had such a bad experience with us. Thanks to comments like yours, we can improve our practice, trying to learn from our mistakes, and to improve the service we give to our patients.

|  Breast Reconstruction  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

Dr. Victor was able to fix the position of my breast implants that were done by another Houston doctor. I owe him my sanity. Couldn"t have asked for more.

Feb 3rd, 2012

Absolutely love Dr. Victor! He takes the time to explain the procedure and educate you on the after care.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your patronage. Patients like you make me feel like I am doing something really important and make me eager to start each day to make a difference in someone's life. Victor J. Atun, MD

Apr 26th, 2011

He is only in money making business and no regards for patients needs.

Doctor's Response

Money making is one of the goals of any doctor. I went to school for 18 years to become a Plastic Surgeon. I love what I do, I love every one of my patients, and when I wake up in the morning and go to work every day, I am excited to know that I will be making people feel better, heal their wounds and improve the way they look and feel. Not how much money I will be making. Victor J. Atun, MD