Dr. Victor Thomas MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

March 30th, 2016
Insane wait times come for an appointment and third time waited 2 hours to see the doctor. Why give appointment times, just ridiculous!
Doctor's Response

We are sorry to hear that your experience at our office did not meet your expectations. Please call our office and request to speak with our office manager because you are important to us.

August 26th, 2015
Gifted Physician, Incompetent Billing Department
My first and only visit to Dr. Thomas was fabulous. As a diabetic, I looked forward to visiting him for my annual ophthalmic exam for decades to come. Then, I interacted with his billing department. In every was that Dr. Thomas is a superb medico, the members of his billing department are bumbling idiots. I informed them at the conclusion of my visit that my insurance would pay for 100% of the cost and that I owed no copayment. They did not believe me. So, I contacted my insurance company by speaker phone in the presence of most of the office staff and confirmed with an insurance representative for the staff and other patients to hear that I owed no copayment. I even lent the phone to the lead billing bubblehead so that she could pose questions. That should have been the end of it but, lo and behold, a few weeks later, I received a bill for the copayment! My wife is an insurance expert and insured on my plan. Thus, she was able to speak with the insurance company in order to determine why the doctor's office received only a partial payment. She learned that the doctor's billing staff submitted the claim with the wrong billing code. She called the billing department twice in order to address the matter. On both occasions, she was forced to leave a message, neither of which was returned. Unwilling to accept the status quo, I filed a grievance with the insurance company and the doctor's corporate office in St. Pete. Still, nothing has changed except that now he has retained a law firm to sue me for nonpayment. He will lose and suffer great ignominy, especially since I have begun proceedings with the State of Florida. However, I would like you to avoid my nightmare. UNLESS YOU ARE A CASH CUSTOMER, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND STEER CLEAR OF VICTOR THOMAS. HE WILL TREAT YOUR EYES EXCEPTIONALLY WELL AND YOU WALLET BRASHLY!

August 6th, 2015
Wait time for appointment line could be shorter.

March 21st, 2015
Great experience at Eye Physicians of Central Florida
Staff was courteous and the technician was very nice and thorough. Unlike other doctors I've been to, Dr. Thomas actually listened to my problem and explained to me the problem and the treatment. Will definitely be coming back to him again.

February 17th, 2015
Horrible Ophthalmologist
Worst doctor ever, he didn't read what his assistant wrote about me, he didn't even know I use contac lenses. Seems like he is in a hurry for see more patients and make more money. I don't recommend him at all.

June 25th, 2012
Great Ophthalmologist
Our family uses Dr.Thomas for myself and my 15 year old son. He is very knowledgable and efficient.

January 2nd, 2017