Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
University
DMC-Hutzel Hospital
3990 John R St
Detroit, MI 48201
313-993-1388
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  Terrible office staff  |  show details
Aug 26th, 2013

The unprofessional and rude office staff ruined my first visit to see Dr. Cantero. A girl named Lina went out of her way to force the receptionist from actually doing her job--which was to help me! Another girl in the back desk, not involved in the conversation with the receptionist, seemed to force another "no" in trying to help me. I asked to speak to the office manager, but she was not working at that moment. What a shame! Will be reporting to BBB, hopefully the Doctors take note of what their office staff represents for them.

|  show details
Jun 5th, 2013

Dr Cantero seems always in a rush. the receptionist (blond curly hair) is SO RUDE!!! they are always with an attitude. I wish I could have switched offices!!

|  show details
by CARINA LA CAVA on May 14th, 2013

I went to the office located at 10067 Pines Blvd. 33024, Dr. Cantero was in a hurry every time I went there and I have to keep telling him what needed to be done.He should read the patient's file before coming into the room. He stripped my membranes,( VERY painful). Even though it is common practice do to this it is still a medical procedure that needed your permission and he had no right to do it without MY knowledge. He did it without telling me. Ask first if is OK !!!! It was a very bad experience. Membrane stripping is done to try to start labor. The health care provider may suggest stripping your membranes if continuing the pregnancy seems dangerous for your health or your infant's health. This wasn't the case. It is considered "elective" if there is no medical reason for it. "If you're not approaching the 42nd week of pregnancy, it's best to be patient." I was 39 weeks pregnant. I was 2 cm dialated.. after leaving the doctors office I did bleed a lot. I went to the hospital, I was in labor for 32 hours and only dialated to 3 cm, having contractions every 5 minutes. A spontaneous labour is what I was looking for... one that starts naturally without any type of inductions. It was a nightmare.

|  great!!  |  show details
by pleased patient on Feb 28th, 2013

I hate this time of year but dr. cantero and his staff at miramar were great espcially the one with curly hair very attentive. I would refer anyone and everyone.