Ophthalmologists
Video profile
1541 N China Lake Blvd
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
760-446-3800
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  VERY BAD RESULTS  |  show details
by Richard Higley on Oct 15th, 2013

I am very disapointed with my results. My eyes ache , i see double , blurred vision , things look closer in right eye, farther in left , depth perception is off , I wish I had gone to a better doctor to have my lens replacement . His last remark was " it will get better ". IT HAS NOT !!!! Beware of this doctor. It has been six months and my eyes have gotten worse not better.

|  yes, there may be a wait...  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2010

i am one of the reasons that dr. holms's office wait time are higher than average. i was injured at work and called his office when i got home, at around 4pm, after explaining the nature of my injury i was told to come right in. i was seen as soon i got to the office, and was in the o.r. within an hour and a half and back home the next day. on follow up visits the wait was much longer, up to 1 hour. but i recall being told prior to check in of the delay, and asked if i wanted to come back later rather then wait. the reason for the delays more often than not were due to emergency calls that were deemed more needing of the dr. time than my follow up. and that is fine by me, having received a "go to the head of the line" pass from the good doctor i don't question his judgement or his skills. if you are truly in need this is THE doctor to see. our town is so very blessed with this gem.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
by Julia Clark, Ridgecrest on Jul 24th, 2010

I highly recommend Dr. Holmes. He's the best. Very personable, caring and truly loves what he does. Waiting time is long because so many people are in to see him and he tries to see as many people as possible too. I am very glad that I had Dr. Holmes as my eye doctor!

|  Great Dr. but he doesn't own a clock.  |  show details
by Tired of Waiting on Jun 23rd, 2010

I gave him a 2 star evaluation because he is never on time. Although I feel he is an excellent Doctor. Every time I have been to his office, which are on his surgery days, he doesn't show up until after noon and 1. This is a consistent pattern. The office staff makes appointments from 9 to noon and his patients end up getting angry waiting for him to show up. I would suggest making appointments for 12 so you don't have as long to wait.

|  show details
Nov 17th, 2008

I had already been seen by 2 other MD's who where unable to help me. What a drastic difference this visit made in my every day quality of life.