Dr. Victor Kissil DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 7th, 2015
Very friendly and returns calls quickly

March 9th, 2015
Inappropriate and very talkative
I had my an annual appointment and he was in the room with me for over an hour and a half talking about things that I had no interest in talking about. I think about 45 minutes of the appointment was spent on off-topic one-sided conversations. He talked my ear off and eventually made a comment about my body language toward the end of the appointment...sorry, but I didn't think I'd be at my annual exam for over 2 hours!! I was not okay with the inappropriate hugs and shoulder touching, just as other people have mentioned. I was angered when he had his assistant answer his cell phone during my pap smear (which every girl wants over with ASAP!!). I'm never going back to him again...awful experience!

January 2nd, 2014
Great and Professional
Dr Kissil is great and professional doctor. He delivered our baby girl, and visited his office since day 1 we went to check our regular OBGYN check ups. His nurse is super friendly, and Dr Kissil is super friendly and knows his stuff. I definitely recommend Dr Kissil.

November 26th, 2013
amazing doctor
Though I agree with comments that Dr Kissil is a little touchy. It initially caught me off guard but his intentions is to make a personal connection and a relationship that is not only professional but a caring one. He makes you feel welcomed and his kindness is a rarity. My experiences have been amazing. When growing up I was never taught the basic routines a woman should take for her health and was actually embarrassed but Dr. Kissil took the time to explain things and educate me. Maybe for people that need a more direct disconnected response from their doctors in which Dr. Kissil may not be the right one for you. But he educates everyone on the same level and treats everyone equally. And yes he hugs you each time! At first again was caught off guard but once I realized I was in a safe place and he was just a genuinely caring man, I receive them welcoming as if I'm visiting a personal friend a few times a year for advice or to xheck something I can't see. As far as the staff they are extremely nice. As far as the appearance of the office. Its very colorful so if you get bored looking at a magazine just look at them.

November 13th, 2013
Awkwardly
I saw Dr kissil years ago. If i could give NO STARS, I WOULD!!! I wish beyond anything that I would have been able to read reviews about him before I saw him. I was seeing him to get my tubes tied. He required that I see him 5(yes I said 5) times before I was able to have the procedure done. His bedside manner is awful. He make me feel very uncomfortable, he always made it to where he could nonchalantly touch me or brush next to me, he felt it was OK to put his hand on my lower back as he stood next to me to talk to me. His behavior is extremely inappropriate!!!!!!!! I would NEVER recommend him to anyone but the devil!!

September 20th, 2013
Dr Kissil delivered two of my six children. He takes the time to listen and answer questions. I also walked into his office knowing what i wanted and when and being demanding and he accommodated with no problems. Only complaint is the long wait be seen, but I know its because he's talking to other patients same as he does with me. While i wont be having anymore children, i will see him soon for a tubal (which hes not a big fan of) and yearly's after that.

September 10th, 2013
Awkward
Yesterday was my annual exam. My doctor of over 15 yrs retired last year and without telling me, sold his practice (patients) to Dr. Kissel. My first encounter with Dr. Kissel was awkward, but out of a combination of laziness on my part and a desire to give him the benefit of the doubt I gave him another chance. First of all, I can't describe how awkward it is to have a man with whom you do not have a personal relationship hug you when you are wearing a paper gown. It happened more than once (at both appointments). Next, his viewpoints appear to be from the 19th century. In trying to discuss some of the negative experiences I am having at this stage of my life (peri-menopause), he was unwilling to discuss any of the newer treatments available. He called everything rumors and gossip. When I tried to talk to him about the headaches I have leading up to menses he told me to see a neurologist. He also has never heard of Prevention Magazine (where has he been?). The kicker was when his cell phone rang during my exam and he not only answered it, but carried on a personal conversation for at least 5 minutes. My appointment took more than an hour and he would not let me leave until he'd given the complete tour of his office. OMG! Your star rating system does not accurately reflect the reality of this guy.

April 18th, 2013
First let me start by saying, I find it a little uneasy having a OB/Gyn connected in the same building as a Peds clinic. I like children, but not where I am going to see my Gyn doc. The who office was decorated for children. I am in my early 40's and don't find this cute for me. Second I concur with the other review from the RN that was unsettled by the awkward hug, specially since I had my hand out to shake his hand. My husband and I looked at each other kinda like "that was awkward". I have never been to a first time appt. where I had to completely undress to see my doc for a first time appt., I felt very uncomfortable. I don't feel that you should have to strip down just to go talk to your doc especially since I was only there to get his thoughts on what I should do in my current issue. As for the physical exam, lets just say was inappropriate and very uncomfortable. I would not let my daughter or myself for that matter come back to this doctor again. My husband was also very uncomfortable to hear the comment he made which also very inappropriate. He did not listen to my concerns and suggested to me what he felt was best for me not what my medical issues are and what I felt was a concern to me and my health. I would not recommend that you take your family to this doc. The staff was good to what I could tell, but I would never come back here.

March 18th, 2013
Best Doc Ever
This doctor makes its easy for you to talk about anything that bothers you and will not embarrass you. He is kind and attentive and most of all he really listens to you. I only wish he could be my primary care physician because of all my doctors, and I've seen a lot, he is surely the best. Forget the others because you have found the right one here.

November 6th, 2012
The most caring doctor a pregnate woman can ask for
Dr. Kissel was so wonderful! Anyone looking for a dr that actually cares about you and will explain things thoroughly this him! you may have to wait because with each patient he devotes his attention! So be patient because after delivery he really sat with me after and congratulated me and even got me a drink! I was so happy to have him for my ob. If I had more kids I would love to have him again!

November 6th, 2012
AAAMAAAAZING!!!!
I have recommended him to a few people who now go to him and love it. I hate going to Dr's but my first time i went to him i was prago for the first time and he made me feel comfortable and iv been going to him ever since he's very warm and welcoming just like the lady's he has working for him. He delivered my daughter and my 2 nephews and a few of my friends kids he's amazing i recommend him to anyone honestly. :-)

September 25th, 2012
Wouldn't recommend
I am pregnant and have a mental illness and the staff nor doctor bothered to put it in my chart. Everytime I go to office I have to wait at lease 40 minutes past my appt time. I try to ask the doctor questions and at times I feel either he's jus not listening or just rambles on about off the topic information. I feel like the service you get here is compared to that of a free clinic. I am changing docotrs soon and wouldn't recommend to anyone.