Dr. Victor Romano MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

July 11th, 2016
Have been positively impressed.

December 17th, 2015
Dr. Romano is a great Orthopedic Physician. He performed by ACL Reconstructive surgery. The procedure was explained thoroughly before the surgery. I hadn't experienced any pain from the surgery and my knee is great. Thanks Dr. Romano

April 24th, 2015
Horrible experience
I haven't had a chance to see dr.Romano however my experience with his staff while trying to make an app was beyond terrible. For a week I tried to set up an app and left numerous messages to no avail. When they finally picked up the phone they were rude and cared less to speak with me. My daughter had a fractured finger and was advised to see an orthopedic to determine what course to take. Now I am left to find another doctor who can take care of my daughter. I did speak with the doctor briefly initially on the phone and he couldn't give me a straight answer to whether this was a critical issue or not. I would not recommend at all this practice because the are not competent and trust worthy given the fact that they lied to me and not returned calls when promised. Overall terrible mistreatment of patient.

November 19th, 2012
Dr. Romano couldn't care less
X-Rays showed my bone was very clearly broken. Dr Romano neglected to perform what turned out to be necessary surgery. My bone was NOT set, it healed incorrectly, and set my recovery back months, forcing more competent doctors to later re-break my bone.After seeing me for 2 months, Dr Romano lost my x-rays. In his apathy, he told me that I would lose range of motion and would develop arthritisforces against which he claimed to be powerless.After seeing far better doctors, the contrast couldn't be more stark. I am now on track for full recovery, including full range of motion and a drastically reduced risk of arthritis.Romano did not care about me as a patient. That was quite evident.

September 7th, 2011
Terrible experience at the Elmhurst location. Dr. Romano spent about 2 minutes out of an hour long visit; the majority of the treatment was done by his interns/ assistants. X-Ray tech was rude. Interns did not explain things to us at all and now I'm on the internet googling information on how to properly walk in the walking boot, since the direction to "just walk normally" was causing searing pain. If you are paying out of pocket, expect to be treated like a second class citizen. No way I will follow up with here!

August 12th, 2009
Dr. Romano is the best doctor I've been to! My family and I have been going to him for years. He cares and takes the time to talk to you. I love him!

April 6th, 2009
Dr Romano is great. The staff at Elmhurst clinic could use some training on their manners and coutesy