Dr. Victor Matthews MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 14th, 2016
Corrected my medications and results were wonderful. Dr. has a great personality.

May 9th, 2016
My husband and I both have seen Dr. Matthews for several years now. We both have diabetes and believe me he is on top of his game. Myself I am a brittle diabetic and on the pump and he has helped me immensely. Always has the latest and up to date information on diabetes. Trust me I have been diabetic for 35 years and have seen several doctors. After finding Dr. Matthews I will not change and I hope he never leaves his practice.😀

June 10th, 2014
Insurance Rep
I like Dr. Matthews, he is very informative. But his staff the front counter girl and the office manager are both idiots. The front desk girl use to work at another office and her behavior was not the same at the other office, no way would she get away with that sour attitude. But this seems to be a laid back atmosphere for whatever reason. I dont like them and I have told them on several occasions and they seem to know when I come dont feed me your crap and I wont give you crap. Love Dr Matthews hate his office crew. The need some people skills training and I think it will be a lot better place.

March 19th, 2014
Doctor good, staff bad.
I was not impressed with the staff. Lack of communication and follow through. Not friendly at all.

May 22nd, 2012
Though the office staff needs instructions on how to interact with patients I find this doctor to be an excellent one. Listens to you, responds to your questions, explains what and why he is prescribing for you and the end results he is trying to achieve. Under his care, my illness is being alleviated as each week goes by. Should my condition continue to improve, the objectives that Dr. Matthews has delineated will be met. I highly highly recommend this Doctor (justignore the rudeness of the administrative staff).

April 12th, 2012
Highly recommended!
I recently had an appointment with Dr. Matthews and I am very pleased. He was great, he actually listens to his patents! I had a great experince and have a plan to take charge of my health. I am thankful that I found Dr. Matthews. My wait was only 10 minutes and the staff was very nice. I highly recommend Dr. Matthews and staff!

April 6th, 2012
GREAT DR. AND STAFF!
I needed an Endocrinologist and just had a appointment with Dr. Matthews and it was a very pleasant experince. The staff were very nice and personable. Dr. Matthews was very professional, polite and informative. He truly listened to me and answered all my questions and I have a new course of action for my health. I would definitely recommend Dr Matthews.

February 15th, 2012
he cares more about his staff then his patients. will not talk to pts. to get the facts has his staff do his dirty work

November 7th, 2010
Unprofessional Doctor and Very Rude Office Manager
*NOTE- Until pending legal action is adjudicated, the statements made in this post are currently allegations only and all of the following statements are to have allegedly occured - *END NOTE*This office is apparently run by a wig wearing "office manager" and NOT by the doctor himself. She is very rude to the patients and to the staff. It also appears that the doctor allows her to make medical decisions while there is no evidence that she has ANY type of medial training at all! Dr. Matthews has lied to me on more than three occasions concerning my health care and this appears to be a pattern of his, as I have interviewed several other current and former patients and several former (and 1 current) staff members. After the doctor tells the patient or staff member one thing and then gets caught in the lie, he allegedly has his office manager "cover up" for him.Overall, I do not recommend this doctor to anyone and encourage his former employees to speak out here as well! The office staff turnover rate is EXTREMELY HIGH, and after speaking to former staff members, it was the office manager who fired them based on them "just disagreeing with her on even the most simple of procedures in cases where she was wrong and when I stood up for myself and tried to bring her decision to the doctors attention, I was immediately fired. She falsified an excuse and said that my performance level was not satisfactory" ....This appears to be pattern at this office and, to my knowledge, at least 4 or 5 Medical Assistants have been terminated based on the same answer as the one given above. I am sure this has had a profound and lasting effect on their careers and currently several of them are in the process of filing legal action against this office, the doctor, and the wig-wearing office manager. The legal action has not been made public until this post (with the parties permission) and should be a surprise to this office very soon!Dr. Mathews also "pushes" the use of Insulin Pumps that are manufactured by the same company?? He even has an IN-HOUSE representative from this company on his staff?? I cannot say for sure is there are any kickbacks coming from the overly aggressive "pushing" of getting patients to use this particular pump (and company), but it is certainly suspicious and I am fairly certain that an upcoming audit will reveal the truth! In conclusion, until the legal matters are settled, many of these statements are only allegations that have not been proven, but Dr. Matthews seems to be only out for himself and his office manager is a very rude, very obnoxious woman who will scare away his patients and staff as long as she is continuing to work there.Do yourself a favor and avoid this office! Find another doctor if you are diabetic, or at least get a second opinion about anything that he tells you or prescribes you!