Dr. Victor Oderinde MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

August 7th, 2016
He's great
I trust him, that is very difficult for me. He listens, instead of throwing prescriptions at me like most doctors.

July 7th, 2012
Best Psychiatrist
Dr. Oderinde started treating me while I was an inpatient at Intracare North Hospital. Of all the inpatient psychiatrists I had seen since I started psychiatric treatment as a teenager, he was the best. The admission staff there told me I had the best psychiatrist in Houston as far as they were concerned when I was assigned to his service. I was not disappointed. He was always the first doctor to start his unit rounds. While the other patients complained about not seeing their doctors, Dr. Oderinde would have been there to see me and his other patients (even on weekends). He made me feel at ease and was an excellent listener. His brilliance was obvious in the way he analysed what I said and explained what to do about my issues and complaints. I was discharged by the fifth day from the hospital and he saw me for follow up in his office. The same caring manner continued and he was never too busy to spend time with me during visits. I never felt rushed out of the office because my allotted time was up. I can always count on him to return my calls in a timely manner (even on weekends and sometimes in the middle of the night). Since he started treating me six years ago, I have not had to be back in the hospital unlike what used to be a pattern of three or more inpatient admissions every year before then. Dr. Oderinde is a life saver.

May 18th, 2011
I know you are busy but so am I and this is my child you are talking about!
- Not once have I met this Doctor or has he called me to let me know what is going on with my son. I am very disappointed!

February 3rd, 2011
Awesome Pediatric Psychiatrist
Dr. Oderinde has a great caring bedside manner. Even though you may need to sit a while in the waiting room, the service and respect that he gives both you and your child is WELL worth the wait!!!His office staff always follows through with getting messages to the doctor and calling you back with any concerns.

November 11th, 2009
Outstanding
Dr, Oderinde is a godsend. My son had been seeing psychiatrists since the age of 6yrs. Before going to see Dr. Oderinde, all I had gotten out of 5 previous psychitrsts were inaccurate diagnoses and multiple failed medications. I had become a cynic where psychiatrists were concerned. He saw us a few minutes before our appointment time (surprise #1). He then started the interview and actually talked to my now 7year old son instead of asking me all the questions (surprise #2) like the previous psychiatrists would do. By the end of the interview, he had diagnosed my son with Bipolar Disorder, ADHD and Asperger's Disorder which nobody had mentioned to me before. He explained why all the previous medications had likely not worked and explained how we had to slowly get my son off the seven different medications he was then takling and started him on new medications. He explained the potential side effects of all the medications to me and asked me to read the leaflets that come with the medications at the pharmacy. Six months into treatment and my son is a completely new kid on just two medications. I and my son just adore Dr. Oderinde and my son is always asking when we can go see Dr. Oderinde next.

August 14th, 2009
Would not recommend
I have been his patient for a little more than a year. He got to my proper Diagnosis 6 Months in. I did not know that I was supposed to stop and start any of the medications and what time until I called 3 months ago with an emergency and when he returned my call he explained it to me. I feel as if I should have known these things. I know I should have way before the problem. That is the only time someone in his office was remotely kind or semi-professional and he called me back that day.Every other time his staff is rude, unprofessional and incompetent. Why should you have to brace yourself to get past the staff or even call them for a question?? I shouldn't. I brought this up to him and he just shrugged it off. I was very surprised at that. At first I stayed bc I liked him, then I stayed bc it is such a pain to have to start all over with someone new and now it is only, ONLY because of my insurance, So I am now actively seeking someon else that is in my network.

May 21st, 2009
Easy to talk talk to. No long waiting period. Seems fine as far as diagnosing and prescribing medication. However, does not give enough info regarding medication. For example, did not tell me why I needed to increase dosage slowly or rash/allergy risks, nor did he give me info about blood tests that should be taken every year when on the medications (due to liver or other problems that can result from side effects). I was on my own. Found out only after rash, allergic reactions resulted. One is on their own to follow up with issues regarding medication side effects and blood tests, etc while on the medication. He will not advise there. Seems rather careless or disinterested in spending time to let the patient know. I would think the yearly blood tests, etc would be of concern for any doctor to advise their patients on when their life is at risk!!! Sadly, not the norm for doctors to advise patients precautionary measures it seems. Wish they actually cared but their main concern is lining their pockets.