Family Physicians

1202 Maricopa Hwy
Ste A
Ojai, CA 93023
805-640-2323
Locations and availability (11)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Oct 24th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Pulido for about eleven years. He has been very helpful and caring. I do not know what I would do without him.

Apr 12th, 2012

One of the worst doctors I have ever seen. Because of my injuries I have seen at least 20-25 doctors over the course of my injuries. No bedside manner, unbelievable arrogance. Not open to new ideas, will blame patient (it's in your mind) if he can't figure out problem.Great doctor if all you want is an Rx. Has told me and other patients I have met 'You will never get better just accept it and move on.' That's like telling someone going into open-heart surgery your probably going to die during the surgery. He takes away any hope you might have. Absolutely, the worst doctor I have ever seen.

|  He just doesn't care  |  show details
Nov 2nd, 2011

I went to Dr. Pulido for 6 months and in these 6 months I was able to get a total of 4 appointments with him. When I went to one of my appointments, he came in and said congratulations (after I had done an in office pregnancy test) and said your not pregnant. What was truly unprofessional and rude about this is that my husband and myself were seeing him because we had had a miscarriage and were having trouble conceiving again. He did no attempt to try to figure out what was going on or what he could do to help. He just kept giving me drugs that did absolutely nothing to help. He needs to find his caring and compassionate side and learn to take his patients concerns seriously.

|  pain management (yah right)  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2011

on my very first appoint with dr pulido he cancelled .there was no phone call from the office to let me know to reschedule a new appointment before i traveled in pain for 20 min in hopes of pain relief no one in the office could tell me when he would be in or why he could not see me they didnt even know he wasnt going to show up they were all just looking at each other and shrugging there shoulders in a (dont know ,dont care ) attitude i was in such pain i could hardly walk . i asked 'can i see another doc? 'NO, i could not see any other doc i cryed in pain ,'please can i wait in the waiting room to see if there is a cancellation?' NO,i was told to go to the emergency room (yah right) for hundreds of dollars....to see me in such a bad way was so very embarrasing and i was not able to get a new app for 2 weeks. the next app i signed the pain man.contract had a follow up 1 month later(yah right) he didnt show up and again those girls didnt know anything at all couldnt get app for 3 weeks out of meds again took them as perscribed.next app i asked if another doc can perscribe my meds in case he cancelled again? he said yes .next app cancelled AGAIN!!!! what.... cant get new app for 4 weeks .i told girl that on my contract that another doc can perscribe meds it was ok ed by doc pulido. now i have been calling the office for 8 days now trying to get my pain meds perscribed even with the fact of an other doc to prescribe them for me office help is slow in the head maybe too many meds for them?now i have signed a contract with many many rules and regulations on my part like #1 do not take more meds than perscribed or patient will be cut off #2 only get meds at an office visit and not outside office hours#3that i will not attempt to obtain any other meds from other doc or street #4 understand if i break any agreement my dr will stop prescribing them and he will taper me off of them so i DONT HAVE WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS(yah right ) what am i having now #5 also that this contract is essential for my treatment in effeccively manageing my pain and if i do not follow these and many more rules serious changes will be made to my pain managment and the list goes on. but what about the dr and his responsibilty to his patient this is were my rights as a patient has been compermised that is me following the rules perfectly and leaves me high and dry with absoulutly NO PAIN MEDS FOR 8 DAYS !!!!!unbeivable and un ethical and just plain irrisponsible to the care of his patient i would never never recomend this(doctor???)to any one not even in the worst case senerio.iam still waiting to get meds as i am typing this comment. i have left 9 messages for MR.pulido and he has been in his office several times and has ignored my request so thats what you can excpect at MR pulidos circus of fools needless to say after im done with this comment i WILL be looking for a new dr any dr that will actually hold up his end of a contract better than this doc that has cancelled 4 out of 6 app with me. you can assume that he is not looking out for you only for himself there are many more issues i have experienced at this irresponsible uncaring negligent unprofessional and out rite RUDE office. please do yourself a favor dont even consider trusting your life in his hands it would be like trusting you will live forever( yah right )

by William on Aug 18th, 2008

I find that the office staff are not friendly or commpasionate at check in they are very short with all patients, as I sit and wait I relized it was not just me that they were impatient with,this however this no reflection on Dr. Pulido's "bedside manner", I started as a patient in June, and have had 4 visits since, Dr. Pulido has been very patient and concerned about my overall care.