Dr. Victor Smart-Abbey MD Patient Reviews

3.4

• Good
  • Bad

October 30th, 2012
Dr. Victor Smart-Abbey made it possible for me to walk and be a productive human being. I will be forever greatful and miss him as my friend and doctor since he no longer practices in this country. There is no better human being and doctor anywhere in the world than Victor Smart-Abbey. He is the whole package.

August 27th, 2012
BEWARE
Rumors of Victor Smart-Abbey fleeing the country are very well founded. He performed several bad surgeries five years ago, including one on a close relative. He was then nowhere to be found. I am writing this to warn others to please stay away from Mr. Smart-Abbey. (I do not believe he deserves to be called a doctor after the hatchet jobs he has performed on patients.) Anyone who does NOT own up to the responsibility of their profession, does not deserve to be in it!

February 3rd, 2012
Doctor Smart-Abbey MIA
I had lumbar spinal fusion surgery performed by Dr. Smart-Abbey. I came out of surgery with a spinal fluid leak and numbness in my leg (opposite side of the problem that led me to surgery). I had a 2nd surgery to correct leak and adjust hardware, with no change to the numbness. The Dr. didn't seem to care much about it. I'd write it off to the general arrogance of doctors, but shortly after my discharge, he disappeared. Vanished without a trace. No one knew anything (or would say), including my referring Dr. I have since learned he fled the country ahead of a possible malpractice issue. I researched this Dr. extensively before surgery, and everyone gave him glowing reviews. It wasn't until *after* his vanishing act that I found he was not that good at back surgery. Now I'm left with chronic nerve pain and numbness, which has crippled my quality of life. I wish I could find this guy and slap the snot out of him! Horrible, horrible experience.

October 23rd, 2009
he was excellent, I had major neck surgery,with fusion and plate insertion 11 yrs ago and have never had 1 problem since. He's great!!!!

September 6th, 2014