Dr. Victor Vautrot MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

February 17th, 2015
Inspiring
Geuine caring friend!! He like a friend that just happens to be a dr.

July 16th, 2014
Helped me adjust back to civilian life
I have been seeing Dr. Vautrot for several years now. He has been a tremendous asset for adjusting back to Civilian life after serving in Iraq. It's been difficult to balance working again, managing my marriage and the kids, and dealing with my moods and concentration problems. However, with his therapy and the right medications, my life is turning around...for the better! I see him routinely, every few months. Blessed to have him working with me.

September 6th, 2013
very pleased and thankful
Dr. Vautrot has been my outpatient psychiatrist for several years now. He sees me routinely every 4 months or so at the VA Medical Center, depending on my needs. I found him to be very good at listening to my concerns, remembering all my circumstances, and being quite skilled at offering me the right medication and dose. I feel "normal" again. Also, he was recently very helpful at filling out some lengthy disability forms for me. People have said, and I agree, that he delivers expert clinical skill with empathic support to his veterans/patients. We are fortunate and blessed to have him here.

July 31st, 2012
Prompt and sincere
So many times I go to see a doctor and I feel as if they truly don't try to know me as a person; they see me as a diagnosis and then throw meds at me after 15 minutes of an office visit. However, Dr. V wasn't typing or writing in the chart and not looking at me as most doctors; he made eye contact and I felt that I had his full attention and understanding of what I am going through. He gave me options in the medication-decision process, which we discussed together--the benefits and potential adverse effects of each one. I felt involved in my treatment, and that was empowering and refreshing!

April 27th, 2011
Impressed!
Dr. Vautrot was my inpatient psychiatrist at the VA. First of all, I received excellent care at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Alexandria...not what we used to think about the VA in the past. Nonetheless, Dr. V. was courteous; he spent time listening to me...as opposed to other doctors that I've had in the past that rush through the visit and only talk about the medications. He's very professional, too.

March 8th, 2010