Dr. Victoria Dunckley Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Victoria Dunckley?

August 10th, 2016

Dodged a bullet

Consulted with Dr Dunckley after my son began having rages and wasn't interested in doing much except play video games. He was diagnosed as clinical depression and was prescribed an antidepressant by a pediatrician. this didn't sit well with my husband and I; we'd read some of Dunckley's articles about tech use effects and felt it might be related our son's depression. We implemented her electronics fast program and my son gradually began engaging in life again. Rages have completely resolved and we ended up not needing to go the medication route. Refreshing to see MD who doesn't just push meds and thinks outside the box!

September 5th, 2015

Son with autism and video game addiction

Dr Dunckley helped my 14 year old autistic son with his minecraft addiction. Unlike other health professionals we'd talked to, she insisted he actually needed to stop all electronics for a prescribed period of time before getting better. Other therapists had told us not to take the video games away completely because that was punishing him. Long story short, he's not allowed to play any minecraft, he rarely plays any other games, and he no longer has a smartphone. He stopped crying all the time, and he's getting straight A's again like he used to. We were also able to avoid using medication for his ADHD, so we just see her every few months to discuss any issues that come up. She's great!

August 28th, 2015

Dr. Dunckley was such a miracle for my son. His focus had gotten so bad I was having to stand over him to make sure he did his homework. And now he's made the Honor Roll at school. Her information in 'cutting edge', I always leave her office totally amazed and I never feel rushed. She totally changed our lives.

March 22nd, 2015

Dr. Dunckley is the best! She has been seeing my daughter for about four years now. She always spends a lot of time with us and pushes my daughter to reach her potential but is supportive at the same time My daughter really likes her too.

September 23rd, 2013

parent

My daughter has autism and other challenges which make it harder to take care of her. After losing her dad in a tragic accident, her behavior became more extreme and I took her to many doctors who prescribed medication that worsened her behaviors. Two years ago I found Dr. Dunkley, a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor who truly cares for her patients. She prescribed medications and supplements which has helped my daughter and now she is doing much better! I highly recommend this doctor!

September 21st, 2013

Dr. Dunckley is compassionate and a credit to her profession

Dr. Dunckely is an exceptional psychiatrist. She helped my sister with severe autism cope with a very difficult time in her life. She has a practical approach to treating her patients which also includes non-pharmacological interventions such as supplements and also ordered blood testing to look for specific metabolic issues. I particularly liked her suggestions for insomnia for those that are developmentally disabled which included minimizing iPad use as it overstimulates their sensitive minds. She is always available by phone and email and is compassionate, caring, and very knowledgeable. We are so lucky to have finally found a good psychiatrist after having such terrible experiences with other physicians.

September 21st, 2013

Astute and Absolutely Helpful

We had phone appts. with Dr. Dunckley. She helped us clarify that, indeed, electronic screens were largely responsible for the challenges he was having with emotions and social skills. She guided us to implement a specific plan over the summer and we saw a huge leap in his social skills, self-awareness and relationships with peers. Her guidance was invaluable.

September 4th, 2013

helped my son's ADD

Dr D doesn't just prescribe something and send you out the door. With our son, she helped us see how his diet and other factors were contributing to his attention problems. Eventually she convinced us to take away his video games for a month...and what a difference! My son still plays but its very limited now, and his attitude and mood are so much better. We feel lucky to have found her.

April 9th, 2012

very thorough...actually uncovered a hormonal issue that was making me depressed and tired. Once that was treated I was able to stop my antidepressant. Highly recommend her.

July 28th, 2011

She taught me ways to deal with this illness and gave me hope! Highly recommended!

July 28th, 2011

Dr Dunkley really listened to what I was telling her. She was very helpful.

July 14th, 2011

very satisfied

This doctor helped connect the dots for my daughter's care. she'd been seeing multiple doctors but it was Dr Dunckley that discovered she had a hormonal issue going on that explained all her other symptoms. My daughter's doing much better now. very happy with her!!