Dr. Victoria Hsiao MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Rochester, NY

3.4

September 14th, 2015
Horrible experience with Dr. Hsaio. Literally left her office in tears after being referred there by my primary care physician to analyze a goiter. She is so closed minded to any other treatment to thyroid meds and they must be lab made, no natural desiccated types. She actually told me that they would not be able to help if I didn't take her brand of thyroid hormone replacement medicine. Not open to holistic or looking beyond blood results at the whole patient.

June 17th, 2015
below average personality
To abrasive. No bedside manner. Kind of rude after my appointment was made 6 months in advance and she was running an hour behind. Not very professional.

May 25th, 2015
Misdiagnosis
I had a number of noticeable symptoms and was feeling very ill. Dr. Hsiao said that because all of my test results were fine there couldn't be anything wrong. A few months later I have found a new endocrinologist who diagnosed Hashimoto's thyroiditis, thyroid nodules, adrenal insufficiency, celiac, and prediabetes. I really can't understand why Dr Hsiao said my tests were fine and dismissed all my symptoms. Had I listened my diseases would have progressed.

February 26th, 2015
Parent of patient
Kind, compassionate, caring physician with a terrific bed-side manner. Professional and knowledgeable. Takes the time to make the patient feel important, and listens carefully to what the patient is saying. Would recommend her highly.

January 12th, 2015
Bedside manner and time to explain were excellent. I am also a professional and pride myself on client care. This was very a very refreshing experience given my past one there, and I was happy to work with this doctor. I would recommend her. I have been to another doctor in that group on a different matter and he was terrible in general demeanor and bedside manner. Coincidentally, the Strong Billing Dept. many years ago was a disaster and screwed up my account. I recommend to pay with a credit card or check if possible in case there is confusion about your co-pay in the future; proving a cash payment years later may be difficult for some.

January 8th, 2015
Worth considering if you need a sharp endocrinologist
I find Dr. Hsiao to be professional, attentive and compassionate with just the right sense of humor. I've written this because I find the previous low rating astonishing. Folks, doctors are human, too. Maybe she had an off day...