Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

3.0

below average personality show details below average personality
by anonymous on Jun 17th, 2015

To abrasive. No bedside manner. Kind of rude after my appointment was made 6 months in advance and she was running an hour behind. Not very professional.

Misdiagnosis show details Misdiagnosis
by A on May 25th, 2015

I had a number of noticeable symptoms and was feeling very ill. Dr. Hsiao said that because all of my test results were fine there couldn't be anything wrong. A few months later I have found a new endocrinologist who diagnosed Hashimoto's thyroiditis, thyroid nodules, adrenal insufficiency, celiac, and prediabetes. I really can't understand why Dr Hsiao said my tests were fine and dismissed all my symptoms. Had I listened my diseases would have progressed.

Parent of patient show details Parent of patient
by Amy S. on Feb 26th, 2015

Kind, compassionate, caring physician with a terrific bed-side manner. Professional and knowledgeable. Takes the time to make the patient feel important, and listens carefully to what the patient is saying. Would recommend her highly.

Jan 12th, 2015

Bedside manner and time to explain were excellent. I am also a professional and pride myself on client care. This was very a very refreshing experience given my past one there, and I was happy to work with this doctor. I would recommend her. I have been to another doctor in that group on a different matter and he was terrible in general demeanor and bedside manner. Coincidentally, the Strong Billing Dept. many years ago was a disaster and screwed up my account. I recommend to pay with a credit card or check if possible in case there is confusion about your co-pay in the future; proving a cash payment years later may be difficult for some.

Worth considering if you need a sharp endocrinologist show details Worth considering if you need a sharp endocrinologist
by Terry McArdle on Jan 8th, 2015

I find Dr. Hsiao to be professional, attentive and compassionate with just the right sense of humor. I've written this because I find the previous low rating astonishing. Folks, doctors are human, too. Maybe she had an off day...