Dr. Victoria Samuels MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Goldsboro, NC

3.4

August 25th, 2016
Best Doctor I have ever had.

April 10th, 2016
Excellent Surgeon
I had a herniated disc at my L5/S1 and was using a cane to walk for several months. Dr. Samuels got my MRI results and was very upfront with me. We discussed surgery, which I was very nervous about, she made me feel comfortable and confident that surgery was my best option to get relief. During my surgery, a piece of calcified bone, aprx 5-6mm long, was wedged in between my vertabrae which was not on the MRI. Dr. Samuels removed this piece of bone and fixed my disc with minimal pain and an incision less than 2 inches long. She talked to my husband while I was in recovery and explained the procedure thoroughly and why it took longer than anticipated. I was in the hospital 3 days and followed up with her over a period of 3 months. I have Degenerative Disc Disease and will always have lower back pain/issues, but I am grateful to her for helping me to be able to walk without a cane. She is a fantastic surgeon and cares about her patients. I highly recommend her and if I ever need back surgery again, she will be the one I go to, wherever she may be.

August 24th, 2015
Straight forward, tells it like it is, will answer questions

October 6th, 2014
She destroyed my neck
Dr Samuels used me as a experiment and 18 years later my neck is fuseing more. I'm now disabled and can't turn my neck. I even tried to see her 6 months after surgery. Her front desk said that the doctor says there is nothing else she can do. She was in Columbia, SC at the time. She wouldn't even see me. Don't fuse your neck! There are nurosurgeons who are against it because of bone overgrowth.

August 18th, 2013
Horrible Experience and misdiagnosous
I saw Dr. Samuels a few times. She was very rude and arrogant and my condition or complaints regarding my back pain were not taken seriously. She basically told me there was nothing she could do for me and said I would just have to "deal" with it. As a note my second opinion found signifigant nerve root damage and a herniated disk requiring surgery....both which Samuels failed to identify. In summary, she made me feel stupid and helpless and has no bedside manner.

March 22nd, 2013
Great experience
Dr. Samuels explained everything to me coherently. The hospital itself seemed a bit disorganized, but she was on top of everything about my case. Definitely recommend!

June 14th, 2011
Would go back to her in a minute if neeeded!!

April 6th, 2011
Dr. Samuels was the best Doctor I have ever been to. She is truly a healer. She treated me like a person, not a number. I tell everyone how good she is.

March 29th, 2011
Dr. Samuels was wonderful. She figured out what was wrong with me and only after PT and other things didnt work, did she suggest surgery. The surgery was a success, and I would recommend her without question.

January 14th, 2011
One In A Million
Highly Professional - Took the time to diagnose my problem and after trying other methods I begged for surgery. Dr. Samuals was fantastic and her bedside manner was one of care and compassion. There was a 80% chance that the surgery would not be succesful - I am 100% recovered and the surgery went very well. I highly recommend Dr. Samuels and for those who say otherwise - "pay your bills!"

November 30th, 2010
Dr Samuels was very rude and condescending towards me. She misdiagnosed my condition, causing me to suffer a lot longer than necessary. I have a new doctor now and would not go back to this doctor, nor would I recommend her to anyone.

September 20th, 2010
i never got the feeling that she was particularly concerned with me or my problem. the surgery she did was unsuccessful; my condition deteriorated after the surgery on my followup visit, she essentially told me not to ask her to do any other surgeries.