Dr. Victoria Yunker MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.7

June 30th, 2016
NEVER SEE THIS WOMAN
I read reviews before I went and I thought I'd still give her a shot, but do yourself a favor and see someone else. I really wish I could put zero stars for this woman. I went to see her for an assessment and her tone was so accusatory and judgmental right off the bat. She accused me of not being "normal" because I talk fast and have OCD tendencies. She told me that taking medication was the only way I would get over any of that and that therapy would not help me in any way. Her tone of voice when asking you questions was unprofessional and rude. She started yelling at me and that's when i decided it was best if I left. I would never recommend her to anyone I know. I am so surprised she is a doctor. It seems like she needs a psychiatrist herself.

July 20th, 2013
Awful
you can never ever get this woman to make an appt. you can not get medication filled and I would strongly recommend never going to her.

July 17th, 2013
The "STAFF" needs more help than you...
I have been a patient since 2008 and have "survived" at least four different people at the desk. I have encountered everything from a five hour wait to the lady, and I use that word lightly...who actually tore up the faxed in prescription request!! Dr. Yunker is very nice, however, from the beginning my Husband said run as fast as you can. It's not that easy to start over with a Doctor. I can not tell you how many times I have ran out of medicine and had to drive over there and just wait to get anything done. I am currently out of medicine for my anxiety..(Xanax) and it is VERY difficult to function. I often wonder how many "extra" years of stress, panic attacks etc. I have caused myself because I continue to accept this. I like her but I wonder if she is doing me more harm than good?? I'm trying to deal with cold turkey syndrome.....sweating, nausea, dizzy, twitching, it's awful...if I can survive this, I guess I'm stronger than I think and should just stay off this medicine??

May 6th, 2013
This Doctor is Nuts!!
If you can get an appointment and she is actually there consider yourself lucky! This doc is never there for appointments she schedules! People are going without meds due to her unprofessionality. Good doctor if you ever actually see her. She seems to come in the office when it's dark only. I have considered filing a quality of care complaint with CMS. Appointment was today and guess what? Her office is locked and she is nowhere around.

October 23rd, 2012
You always have to wait 2 hours or more.Very unprofessional!!!

April 17th, 2012
I see the negative comments about arial, but I have to defend her. She is the best thing that has happened to the office. Been going there a couple years now, and she has stuck around and keeps the dr. on track. She is polite and always returns phone calls.

March 21st, 2012
while dr. yunker is fairly decent at diagnosing, she seems as though she needs to be seeing a psychiatrist herself. she's really scatter-brained, talks about her problems as much as yours, and is always late, or not even there. as far as arial, he receptionist, shes horrible. every time i go in she seems as though she is high. she never returns phone calls, and never answers the phone. its almost impossible to get in touch with anyone at that office. most of the time i have to drive 20 mins to the office just for questions. i DO NOT recommend her to anyone.

March 12th, 2012
Wait times at this office are terrible. Doctor Yunker however has a wonderful bedside manner and is great to talk to. Her office on the other hand could be run much better. Sometimes it is impossible to get in touch with anyone during normal business hours and everytime I have waited no less than one hour. She often runs late for her own appointments which is unprofessional however once you come to trust your doctor it is not easy to change and I wouldnt change. Just know if your appointment is at 5 you should just get there at 5:45.

January 25th, 2012
Jan 2012 Like the Doctor but detest her "office manager"
Dr. Yunker is a kind and caring professional. One has only to listen to the VM message on the office phone to discern that her secretary is exceptionally rude and controlling. "Repeated calls to the office WILL result in a delay in returning calls." She never picks up the phone (except for a personal call) but then says it will be 72 hours to return the call. I've had plenty of time to boserve her ignoring the phone while I am waiting for appointments. yet she has ime to read magazines and walk the dog.

June 13th, 2011
office staff
this doctor's staff is absolutely horrible. it's impossible to ever get the office assistance - Ariel to ever answer the phone much less to even return a voicemail. I don't belive that the doctor receives half of the messages that are left by voicemail. Getting a prescription refilled is worse then getting teeth pulled. Not only will the office assistant not return my phone calls for assistance, she also will not return the phone calls of my pharmacist.

April 27th, 2011
May be a good doctor but . . .
Can go weeks before getting a returned phone call. Often wait an hour or two before being seen. Very difficult to reach. In person contact was OK.

December 28th, 2009
She helped with a condition that was a mystery
I had been referred to her by my primary care doctor. He said I was having anxiety attacks. I went to see her and while I was there she managed to explain to me that what I was going through was treatable and helped me with figuring out a plan to deal with my symptoms. She spent a wonderful amount of time with me and was very, genuinely concerned about my well being and that I was in the state of mind that I needed to be to be productive and happy. She sees me on a regular basis now and always checks and really gets in depth with my care. She really goes that extra mile.