Dr. Vidhyalakshmi Koka MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

July 1st, 2016
Worst medical I ever received.

April 21st, 2016
Unemployed
The dr I seen was dr Lisa she was great and she was very thural

November 30th, 2015
Had to wait 1-2 months for appointments with referred specialists. But Dr. Koka herself is phenomenal- caring and very knowledgeable.

July 3rd, 2015
never go back
Only gave one star because half a star was not an option!

January 23rd, 2015
not good
Left me in a patient room and went to lunch- i left.

April 25th, 2014
Constant change of staff -children work there -uncaring people
Staff constantly changes!! The staff young and rude!! THE MALE DR HORRIBLE. DR KOKA HORRIBLE. She is so busy and doesn't take time for her patients. Very hard to get a referral submitted. Prescriptions filled. Good luck getting them filled. Horrible office And staff

April 21st, 2014
Worst Doctors Office Ever
I am a new patient. Waited 3 months to get an Appointment With Dr Koka (what a waste of time) as I was sitting in the waiting room I overheard a girl with black hair say to a coworker to schedule iehp patients 3 to 4 months out with Dr Koka. REALIZING that's why I had to wait to long for an appointment. This office is a joke rude staff and the doctor needs social skills herself. Don't Walk In The Room Speaking Spanish To Me When I Not hispanic. I will not stand to stay in a office who is racist to people and treat people that don't have a good insurance ie iehp . Don't schedule at this office.

April 14th, 2014
RUDE RUDE RUDE
I was asked by a friend to accompany her for her doctors visit. Horrible experience. The girl at the desk, Jessica was very rude to a patient because he was 20 minutes late (elderly patient) it was then our turn to pay for our copayment. We were told credit cards are not accepted. What? Are you kidding me! The medical assistant was rude. Dr Koka came into the room 52 minutes later saying she has an emergency at the hospital, she was in the room for 6 minutes and didn't answer any of our questions. The staff and doctor are incompetent DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTORS OFFICE. We are medicare and Blue Cross and we since then found a wonderful doctor with a great staff!!

October 17th, 2013
Nurse Jeff is a great asset to the doctor and her patients.
Nurse Jeff at Dr. Koka's office has demonstrated outstanding nursing skills and people skills. As an older female with chronic health problems, Jeff treated me with respect and kindness. Jeff demonstrated an attention to detail that I appreciated very much. Due to his diligence, my office visit with the doctor was productive. Since beginning to see Dr. Koka and her staff this year, my overall health has improved significantly. Jeff is a great asset to the office

April 22nd, 2013
I feel like I got ripped off
Lisa Garcia, the PA I was seeing for awhile, was wonderful, but when she had to have leg surgery and was off for almost 3/4 of a year, I had to see Dr. Koka. During her consultation with me she took 2 phone calls in the examination room while I was sitting there, neither of which were medically related, and then later I discovered she charged me extra for a long visit, although without the phone call taking, it would have quite short since I was only getting lab results. I spoke to another patient of hers who told me the same thing happened to him, although with him it was only one phone call.

May 31st, 2012
Find another doctor
The staff seems to always change..so most of them have no personality as to the fact that I have been a patient there for 6 years now. It used to be a decent Dr. office and now Dr. Koka is too busy and her bedside is cold and uncaring. The past couple of years have been the worst over there because of the issues of them not responding to medical issues. I had a gastric bypass (which Dr. Koka recommended) and then came many problems which she was very uncaring and non responsive or responsible of. I had chronic bladder infections..ulcers..chronic back pain..then some bleeding issues ..she told me I was probably menopausal but would not do testing until I missed more than one period. Then finally her other physician said I needed blood work and some testing and hmmm they found hpylori (perhaps causing the ulcers?) and mri showed I have c5-c6 and c6-7 disc protrusions (see I am in pain!) and now I have to go get a dnc for a biopsy because of possible uterine cancer (not to mention the polyps and cyst in there). I am now waiting for my appt for an Ortho surgeon to look at my mri results but in the mean time they won't refill a much needed pain prescription. This goes on and on. I'm only talking about myself not my husband or childrens issues! We are finding another Dr. office today.

April 18th, 2012
Sad Doctor's office
I had to pay $180 for unpaid co-pays from prior visits. The funny thing is is that I usually pay by cash and they NEVER EVER have seen me without paying my co-payment first!! I didn't keep any receipts so I couldn't fight it. I paid it and last week I got yet another bill for an "unpaid" copayment! Yes...I had the receipt for cash payment. WOW ...Dr. Koka used to actually be very kind and concerned and she is way too busy these days ...I had a gastric bypass 4 years ago and have had nothing but constant medical problems and she acts like I'm a nuisance and is cold and wants in and out quickly. The staff is completely incompetent...they tell me they will do something and no one does it...I have severe back and bladder issues...they referred me to a surgeon who is retiring so I called Dr. Koka office and told them I needed a new referral..the girl acted like she didn't know what to do. I asked her to please let the doctor know and to call me. No Call...I called a few days later...another staff member says oh you will be referred to another doctor and said she would fax it for me and someone would call me when it was done to give me the info...NO CALL...I called them a 3rd time...girl said oh there is a referral here waiting for you to pick up! I asked her to please fax it for me (as I was told would happen) and because of MY WORK (and I have a full time 9-5 job) I have these types of problems continuously. My husband wants me to find us another doctor's office but sadly these days the other office and doctor's aren't much better...