Dr. Vidya Sundaram Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Vidya Sundaram?

June 28th, 2016

Cares About Teamwork? What a Lie!

This place is a disgrace. Absolutely HORRIBLE! My fiance has been going here for years. Once I met him 3 years ago, he started having regular appointments, made it whenever he could. When he couldn't make it, if someone would have maybe answered THEIR PHONES.... it wouldn't have been documented as a no show. His work schedule is consistent, but when he gets called into work he takes the opportunity to go in (besides, how the heck do you think he pays for his appointments anyway? A money tree?) The lady we deal with on the phone to deal with his appointments, lectures me every single time I call when he can't make it. She brings up old facts like, he hasn't shown up in over a year, he tried to call during closed hours so we have to document it as a no call no show... seriously? I'm on the phone with her asking to reschedule two days from now. Not completely cancelling, just making a late reschedule.Which I'm sure can be frustrating on their end but life happens, we can't all be perfect. Oh and by the way, if they say he hasn't shown up in over a year, he'd be dead by now with out insulin, just saying.. Every time I call, I get lectured on how he's had a no show in the past. She had the nerve to tell me, to tell my fiance that if he got called into work he should tell his boss that he can't make it to work because he has an appointment. All I simply was doing was calling for my fiance to make a rescheduled appointment, and this lady decided to chew my head off! That was the last straw when she started telling me what to do, my inner dragon came out with fire and I could careless if I ruined her day. It's impossible to call in prescriptions. They should be reoccurring but they aren't. He's gone without insulin because of these people. He'll go to an appointment, a week later be out of insulin, we could call them and it never got sent in even days, weeks later. We're done with this place. I feel very sorry for the other patients who go here that have to deal with this headache and stress.

December 31st, 2011

I would not go to this office. However when trying to go somewhere different my referring doctor told me the only other place is in Avon and I didn't want to go that far. It took over 3 months after I was diagnosed by my OB/Gyn with insulin issues to get in with this doctor. I went to office she seemed nice enough and staff was nice. She sent me upstairs for labs but when I got up there the girl had left (it was only around 1:00) so I then went across to MED LAB had blood drawn and had to ask them for container to collect a urine sample she wanted me to do. Well about a month passed so I called for results. Depending on these she was maybe going to put me on meds. I called they called me back several days later and said I had fallen through the cracks and they didn't have any results. They were supposed to call the lab and call me back. I have continued calling their office and can never actually get my results they always give an excuse. I have a follow up appt coming up in a few weeks and I think I am going to write a letter to office and tell them what is going on and I really need my results. I actually ended up getting a copy from the lab and am going to include this with the letter so hopefully she can finally tell me what she thinks I should do. This whole process has been more than frustrating to me!! I would not go there unless you absolutely must!! furthermore the lab actually lost my 24 hour urine test which is infuriating because it was a pain to do the test. when I called the office and told them this they said they would mail me an order to do another one which I never received this has been maybe 2 months ago now. to top it off she tried to blame me for not going to their lab! i told her i tried to go but it was closed. this office is just a disaster all around! also i would not recommend MED LAB to anyone.

November 7th, 2011

STAFF IS VERY VERY HORRIBLE

THE STAFF AT THE OFFICE ON STOP 11 IS VERY VERY HORRIBLE. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT THEM FOR OVER A MONTH, FIRST TRYING TO GET MY TEST RESULTS WHICH THEY SAY IS POSTED ON WEB PAGE FOR ME TO REVIEW, NEVER HAS HAPPENED. SECOND WHEN THE DOCTOR CALLS AND SAYS THEY HAVE CHANGED YOUR PRESCRIPTION YOU CAN GO PICK IT UP AT THE PHARM. BETTER HOPE THE OFFICE STAFF HAS DONE THAT I HAVE NOW BEEN WAITING 7 DAYS. ONCE AGAIN THE OFFICE WILL NOT RETURN MY PHONE CALLS. I EVEN TRIED TO UPDATE MY CONTACT INFO MIGHT AS WELL BEEN TALKING TO A WALL.

August 3rd, 2011

Going For Second Opinion

Positives:* Less wait than at most doctor office appointments. Although with the new computer system requirement of doctors, some of the physician staff are currently behind on appointments.* Her office just converted to the new St. Francis Hospital MyChart - integrated digital medical service - which includes complete access to patient test results and health records.* Has an excellent staff that returns calls promptly, regarding prescription issues, glucose issues, etc.Negatives:* May be cultural differences, but her bedside manner is tentative, at times. English is not her primary language.* Appointments seemed to have a minimum two month wait every time.* Does not seem to embrace holistic approaches.* Seeing her for diabetes and thyroid issues. Appointment was labelled "thyroid" follow up. I took off my shoes for her to check my feet and she balked saying, "Am I seeing you for thyroid or diabetes?" Uhhh, BOTH? Do I need to make two separate appointments?! Diabetics should always remove their shoes and socks for a quick exam while at the doctor. I was very put off by her attitude, in that regard. She is still learning the new computerized system and spent the majority of the appointment looking at the screen, exhibiting a nervous toe tapping body movement and not appearing attentive to conversation. I do not feel confident in her thyroid treatment. She was not forthcoming about explaining the treatment goal and was vague and disinterested. I am looking for another endocrinologist / second opinion for my thyroid condition.

May 10th, 2011

Would not suggest her to anyone

I have had thyroid problems since I was a young teen. Dr. Sundaram said that my exhaustion was from my two young sons & not my thyroid disease!I've been letting my family doctor treat me. He listens & cares about my health more than she ever did.

June 23rd, 2010

correct diagnosis

I had to see Dr Sundaram as a self referral due to a misdiagnosis from a PCP. She used the former Dr's workup and got it right! The staff is a gem.

January 22nd, 2009

Former Patient

Went to Dr. Sundaram for 2 years telling her something was wrong. My fault for not finding another Dr. sooner. My thyroid should have been removed 2 years sooner because I kept going to her.

April 19th, 2017