Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

3.0

Incredibly insulting and rude, unprofessional show details Incredibly insulting and rude, unprofessional
Jul 26th, 2016

There was nothing I liked about this doctor. (Is he really a doctor?) He was rude and surly. He didn't even understand where the source of the pain and refused to prescribe pain meds. (He thought the pain meds were for Fibromyalgia - which wasn't the case. Why did he think that?) So I told him as politely as possible that the pain was due to a knee that was scheduled for replacement. With pain meds needed until the replacement. The knee was to the point of "bone of bone" which is a very painful condition to the point of not being able to walk. After a very short explanation, he interrupted me by raising his hand with his palm nearly in my face and raised his voice and said, "NOT ANOTHER WORD!". He then prescribed a pain med with codeine, which was adequate to address the pain. I strongly dislike having to take pain meds of any sort. But I do feel that it is a patient's right to have their pain addressed. And that's not just my opinion, that is a basic standard of care. This man has no business being a doctor. His rudeness level is off the charts. When a doctor doesn't even bother to determine what the source of pain is, questions of incompetence and negligence arise. When a so-called pain management specialist attempts to refuse treatment for a patient's pain, I have to wonder is this person a sadist?

Don't Expect Any Pain Relief show details Don't Expect Any Pain Relief
by George Bush on Jun 8th, 2016

Uncaring, doesn't believe you have any pain, stingy with pain medicine, and not very likeable. Parting words: You've got to get off those oxycodone pills. Brilliant. Fix my pain and I'll be more than happy to comply. In the hospital after major neck surgery, I had the misfortune of getting this guy to treat my neck pain. He was giving me less narcotic than I was taking BEFORE surgery! I was in agonizing pain, terrible terrible pain in recovery. Then the entire first day in ICU and I was getting virtually no pain relief at all. He was so stubborn and refused to give me adequate pain medication. Advice. Run, don't walk. Since surgery, my pain has continued unabated. He will not even believe I have any pain. He thinks I'm faking it. I am not even getting my pain medicine from him. Thankfully I have a real doctor who halfway believes me. I've gone to about four other pain management doctors and they are all much the same as this guy. Got to get you off the pain medicine. But they can't or won't fix my pain. So stupid and ignorant. I wish they could experience my pain for about a week and I'll bet they would be trying to find the cause urgently.

Sheetmetal Tech show details Sheetmetal Tech
May 31st, 2016

I broke my back in 5 places, started seeing a pain doctor in my late 30 but have to say it seems Dr. Hede doesn't want to help. My last appt was 35days later and he told me if I was in pain to go to the ER saying I take to much meds and the next step would be a pump which is bull. I'm not the person to take meds just because, I wish Dr. Hede could walk in my shoes just for a day and see what I feel for pain, I wouldn;t want to wish that one anyone, he sees my MRIs . It is hard trying to talk to him, I have insurance and am working, I wish He would just listen and understand,

Feb 23rd, 2016

Dr. Hede seems to care about how much pain I'm in, more so than my other doctors ever have. When new mri results showed increased pressure on a nerve, he made sure I was scheduled for the next day he was doing procedures to alleviate pain.

Dr. Hede is horribly unkind to say the least. show details Dr. Hede is horribly unkind to say the least.
Apr 28th, 2015

I was in the ICU in severe pain. Dr. Hede was handling the pain medication. He was cruel to me, spoke only to my husband, & when I was alone he was threatening to give me no pain medication at all if I didn't switch from the IV form, which was controlling my pain, to the pill form, which was not controlling my pain. At one point I developed a severe migraine with severe vomiting. I begged Dr. Hede for Excederine & nausea medication, he just walked away. I didn't receive help until I was moved from ICU to IMU where that nurse took pity on me and demanded they treat my migraine. Given a choice, I wouldn't see Dr. Hede under any circumstance. Why would a doctor with no compassion specialize in pain management?

If you are really in pain, RUN! show details If you are really in pain, RUN!
by Karen M on Jul 8th, 2014

When I went to see Dr. Hede for the first (and last time), I was preparing with my orthopaedic surgeon to have a double lumbar fusion, to which I would need pain management both prior and following the surgery. I was referred to him by my primary care physician, saying he had a "good reputation". So when I went to him, he told me I was on too many meds (only one was a low dose opiate), the others were gabapentin and baclofen. This man was extremely rude, condescending and just in a not shell did not care anymore about doing his job for someone who obviously needed his assistance. So he didn't give me a refill on the opiate and changed me to Lyrica and told me to stop the baclofen to where I had 3 seizures after 24 hours without the baclofen. I guess it's supposed to be tapered nut job!!! Baclofen was to control the incredible muscle spasms that took over my being able to walk normally. Horrible horrible experience and would never, ever, ever refer any human being to this man.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
idiot. show details idiot.
Mar 22nd, 2014

NEVER asked my pain level. He walked into my hospital room and said "we need to get you off pain meds". My pain was 9-10. He cut meds by 75%, then again cut them in half WITHOUT SEEING ME, NOR TELLING ME. he is the worst doctor I have ever encountered. Consulting a malpractice attorney, and reporting him to the state.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Not a real doctor, just bad manners show details Not a real doctor, just bad manners
Feb 24th, 2014

I'm not too sure exactly everything a pain specialist is supposed to do, but I'd figure it'd be everything to take a person's pain away...duh. Only prescribing meds instead of planning procedures isn't exactly helping get rid of all the pain. So when you try to tell this man the meds are not working, he pretty much accuses you of having an addiction. He makes you take a drug test (bathroom is in the lobby by the way, so you're carrying your cup of pee around everybody else) and treats you like trash. If you go to this man, more than likely you'll feel like a doctor too because he obviously knows NOTHING!

Aug 5th, 2013

Horrible experience. Rude and unprofessional. Callous and seemed genuily unconcerned. After researching I realized he wasn't even educated in America. I guess they don't teach bedside manner in India.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Best experience with a doctor in a LONG time show details Best experience with a doctor in a LONG time
by Heather C. on Mar 13th, 2013

I had a lumbar puncture on a Friday that cause severe positional spinal headaches for me all weekend. Having just had brain surgery less than two weeks before, my first stood was my neurosurgeon who concluded I needed a blood patch. They still rushed me over to see Dr. Hede to control some post surgical pain I'd been having anyway as well. Dr. Hede's staff was amazing. We showed up and I was ushered right past a full waiting room to an exam room so I could lay down. Spinal headaches are only eased in the horizontal position so they knew enough not to leave me in a chair screaming while I waited for the doctor. Dr. Hede himself came in to see me straight away and concluded I needed the blood patch and better pain management medication ASAP. I just called to make a follow up appointment and his staff was so concerned about me they wanted to see if the doctor would rather call me himself rather than wait weeks to get me in on his schedule. Service like this is rare to find these days. I would recommend him to anyone suffering from pain. Don't suffer unnecessarily!

Apr 25th, 2011

Found Dr Hese to be very professional & knowledgeable doctor. Would recommend him to others for pain management.

Excellent Pain Management Doctor! show details Excellent Pain Management Doctor!
Apr 12th, 2011

Dr Hede is an excellent pain management doctor. I have only experienced nothing but the very best of care with management of my cronic back and abdoman pain over the last 9 years. I highly recommend his pain management services.

Great office show details Great office
by Alice Brumbaugh on Oct 4th, 2010

Great doctor great service! I came to Dr. Hede because of my pain was unbearable to live with, after getting a referral from my doctor, I made an appointment with staff was very friendly when making and checking my insurance. I saw Dr. Hede and he did spend a lot of time with me review my MRI, and he wanted to do a procedure I was a little skeptical of the procedure but after he talk me through I went through it, Dr. Hede helped my back pain out allot and I could not have been more thankful for his service, I would suggest Dr. Hede to anybody.

Worst Pain Managment Doctor In The World!! show details Worst Pain Managment Doctor In The World!!
Aug 30th, 2010

I had this man in the Woodlands Hermann Hospital and I would not take my dog to him for pain managment. This person accused me of doing other drugs after I had a halucination breakdown because he gave me diladid instead of morphine. I did not know where I was for four days and after my wife repeatedly asked for me to be taken off, I finally came back down to earth when he put me on the pill form instead of the liquid. This man has no bedside manner and do yourself a favor and don't go to him!!!!!

Jul 9th, 2009

I had the chance to see Dr.Hede when my pain was so bad and surgery was my only option.Dr.Hede sat with me patiently to explain how the steroid injections works from good to excellent depending on each individual's condition.I did get 2 injections done so far and am able to manage my pain without any surgery. He is also very well informed and is at ease while treating any patient however bad the pain level is.I am totally happy and would love to recommend him for the best results and satisfaction.

SLOW DOWN AND HELP THE PATIENT show details SLOW DOWN AND HELP THE PATIENT
Jun 14th, 2009

Dr.Vidyadhar S. Hede (Texas Pain Management) did a very poor job of explaining my condition to me, listening to my health concerns; he would hardly talk to me in the recovery room. Dr. Hede ignored my complaints of pain in my neck and upper back. The pains in the areas have gotten worse and I have missed almost 30 days of work. Dr. Hede seemed to only focus on giving me more injections in my lower back region, the injection I received only lasted for approximately 1-2 weeks. My upper back and neck were also in pain but as I mentioned above were not treated by Dr Hede. Dr. Hede didn't prescribe an oral muscle relaxer or an oral anti- inflammatory. It was a waste of my time calling on Doctor Hede with my pain relief concerns. If there was a reason for not prescribing oral medication he didn't tell me. I felt lost and confused, I can't believe this.