Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist

920 Medical Plaza Dr
Ste 350
Shenandoah, TX 77380
281-296-0669
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  If you are really in pain, RUN!  |  show details
by Karen M on Jul 8th, 2014

When I went to see Dr. Hede for the first (and last time), I was preparing with my orthopaedic surgeon to have a double lumbar fusion, to which I would need pain management both prior and following the surgery. I was referred to him by my primary care physician, saying he had a "good reputation". So when I went to him, he told me I was on too many meds (only one was a low dose opiate), the others were gabapentin and baclofen. This man was extremely rude, condescending and just in a not shell did not care anymore about doing his job for someone who obviously needed his assistance. So he didn't give me a refill on the opiate and changed me to Lyrica and told me to stop the baclofen to where I had 3 seizures after 24 hours without the baclofen. I guess it's supposed to be tapered nut job!!! Baclofen was to control the incredible muscle spasms that took over my being able to walk normally. Horrible horrible experience and would never, ever, ever refer any human being to this man.

|  idiot.  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2014

NEVER asked my pain level. He walked into my hospital room and said "we need to get you off pain meds". My pain was 9-10. He cut meds by 75%, then again cut them in half WITHOUT SEEING ME, NOR TELLING ME. he is the worst doctor I have ever encountered. Consulting a malpractice attorney, and reporting him to the state.

|  Not a real doctor, just bad manners  |  show details
Feb 24th, 2014

I'm not too sure exactly everything a pain specialist is supposed to do, but I'd figure it'd be everything to take a person's pain away...duh. Only prescribing meds instead of planning procedures isn't exactly helping get rid of all the pain. So when you try to tell this man the meds are not working, he pretty much accuses you of having an addiction. He makes you take a drug test (bathroom is in the lobby by the way, so you're carrying your cup of pee around everybody else) and treats you like trash. If you go to this man, more than likely you'll feel like a doctor too because he obviously knows NOTHING!

Aug 5th, 2013

Horrible experience. Rude and unprofessional. Callous and seemed genuily unconcerned. After researching I realized he wasn't even educated in America. I guess they don't teach bedside manner in India.

|  Best experience with a doctor in a LONG time  |  show details
by Heather C. on Mar 13th, 2013

I had a lumbar puncture on a Friday that cause severe positional spinal headaches for me all weekend. Having just had brain surgery less than two weeks before, my first stood was my neurosurgeon who concluded I needed a blood patch. They still rushed me over to see Dr. Hede to control some post surgical pain I'd been having anyway as well. Dr. Hede's staff was amazing. We showed up and I was ushered right past a full waiting room to an exam room so I could lay down. Spinal headaches are only eased in the horizontal position so they knew enough not to leave me in a chair screaming while I waited for the doctor. Dr. Hede himself came in to see me straight away and concluded I needed the blood patch and better pain management medication ASAP. I just called to make a follow up appointment and his staff was so concerned about me they wanted to see if the doctor would rather call me himself rather than wait weeks to get me in on his schedule. Service like this is rare to find these days. I would recommend him to anyone suffering from pain. Don't suffer unnecessarily!

Apr 25th, 2011

Found Dr Hese to be very professional & knowledgeable doctor. Would recommend him to others for pain management.

|  Excellent Pain Management Doctor!  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

Dr Hede is an excellent pain management doctor. I have only experienced nothing but the very best of care with management of my cronic back and abdoman pain over the last 9 years. I highly recommend his pain management services.

|  Great office  |  show details
by Alice Brumbaugh on Oct 4th, 2010

Great doctor great service! I came to Dr. Hede because of my pain was unbearable to live with, after getting a referral from my doctor, I made an appointment with staff was very friendly when making and checking my insurance. I saw Dr. Hede and he did spend a lot of time with me review my MRI, and he wanted to do a procedure I was a little skeptical of the procedure but after he talk me through I went through it, Dr. Hede helped my back pain out allot and I could not have been more thankful for his service, I would suggest Dr. Hede to anybody.

|  Worst Pain Managment Doctor In The World!!  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2010

I had this man in the Woodlands Hermann Hospital and I would not take my dog to him for pain managment. This person accused me of doing other drugs after I had a halucination breakdown because he gave me diladid instead of morphine. I did not know where I was for four days and after my wife repeatedly asked for me to be taken off, I finally came back down to earth when he put me on the pill form instead of the liquid. This man has no bedside manner and do yourself a favor and don't go to him!!!!!

Jul 9th, 2009

I had the chance to see Dr.Hede when my pain was so bad and surgery was my only option.Dr.Hede sat with me patiently to explain how the steroid injections works from good to excellent depending on each individual's condition.I did get 2 injections done so far and am able to manage my pain without any surgery. He is also very well informed and is at ease while treating any patient however bad the pain level is.I am totally happy and would love to recommend him for the best results and satisfaction.

|  SLOW DOWN AND HELP THE PATIENT  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2009

Dr.Vidyadhar S. Hede (Texas Pain Management) did a very poor job of explaining my condition to me, listening to my health concerns; he would hardly talk to me in the recovery room. Dr. Hede ignored my complaints of pain in my neck and upper back. The pains in the areas have gotten worse and I have missed almost 30 days of work. Dr. Hede seemed to only focus on giving me more injections in my lower back region, the injection I received only lasted for approximately 1-2 weeks. My upper back and neck were also in pain but as I mentioned above were not treated by Dr Hede. Dr. Hede didn't prescribe an oral muscle relaxer or an oral anti- inflammatory. It was a waste of my time calling on Doctor Hede with my pain relief concerns. If there was a reason for not prescribing oral medication he didn't tell me. I felt lost and confused, I can't believe this.