Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion.
Apr 6th, 2015

We waited for almost 2 hours !!!! Unacceptable !!!

ARROGANT show details ARROGANT
by rh on Mar 17th, 2015

DR. TA is arrogant and don't listen, tells me I'm old and overweight. I gave him too many chances, in the long run, my medical problems were never answered.

Nov 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I feel more comfortable this time,only wait 10 min for my appt,Dr gave me more time to explain everything I asked ,he used Hi tech computer to do his job quicker than before,also his staffs were excellent on their jobs

Oct 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Ta since 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Ta is a great doctor. He listens to my concerns, and asks me additional questions to make sure he gets the overall picture. It's just that he is so busy, it's hard to get an appointment soon enough, but he is one of the best doctor II've had!

Sep 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Ta has always been wonderful. He goes out of his way to help all of his patients and I have and will continue to recommend him tony friends and family members.

Sep 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Love this doctor

Aug 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Ta is a fantastic physician. He listens to my concerns and provides great medical expertise.

Jul 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

A very outstanding doctor. I have recommend family and friends to see doctor Viet Ta need more doctors like him.

Jun 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Not only did he drop us as patients, he got angry if you inquired or questioned his diagnosis. Per new Dr. under\over medicated and poor follow up. Staff made several mistakes with insurance and referrals and no record of 2.5 years of prescripts filled.

May 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Ta is ALWAYS awesome!! He listens to my concerns and then gives me the proper treatment. He is extremely busy so sometimes getting an appointment is sometimes difficult...but he is WELL WORTH THE WAIT.

Apr 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I had a bad cold and couldn't breath. I called around 10:45 to have an appointment for the next day. The nurse just heard to my voice and the way I was coughing, and got me in les than 40 minutes. The doctor took car of me very well. Thank you.

by Linda J. on Mar 23rd, 2014

Dr. Ta has been our family physician for the past 10 years; he sees both of my parents along with our kids. He takes his time to explain the medical issues, and you can see that he gives a lot of effort to give an accurate diagnosis. He has been very caring to us even during times when we did not have insurance. It was because of Dr. Ta that I was able to have a neck mass (thyroid cancer) diagnosed early enough to be removed without further complications. It was picked up during a routine physical exam, and I did not even know it was there. I have recommended him to both family and friends.

Horrible doctor & hospital! show details Horrible doctor & hospital!
by Jacque Shepherd Pierro on Mar 10th, 2014

My Father who was terminally ill and a patient of Dr. Viet D. Ta, at his office at Foothill Primary Care office, suffered greatly in the last day of his life due to the negligence of Dr. Ta. My father was under Dr. Ta's care at San Antonio Community Hospital when my father had to be admitted with complications from his disease. On the last night and day of my father's life Dr. Ta was on call for my father's case. When Dad started having problems from his disease Dr. Ta was paged by the hospital staff at least 8 times over a 7 hour window and he did NOT respond to ANY of the pages. My father was in full anxiety attacks and having difficulty breathing. Dad had many conversations with Dr. Ta in his Foothill Primary Care Office, as well as, during his last days while admitted to San Antonio Community Hospital about his concerns; how his last days and hours would be, how he might suffer, and what his wishes were for those final hours to spare him of the pain & suffering that he may endure. My father had filled out all the paper work and filed them with the hospital to have morphine administered for comfort care. My father directly discussed this, again, with Dr. Ta and my brother the day before he died because he was having so many complications that the morphine was almost administered then. My sister and I were flying into California to be with him and he wanted to wait until we got there, so it was not administered. Over the last day and night of my father's life he became progressively worse and he struggled greatly. When it came time for my dad's wishes to be put into place so he would not suffer, Dr. Ta could not be contacted because he didn't respond to ANY of the pages that the hospital staff had placed to him. Not only did my father suffer greatly due to this negligence, my sister, brother and I were denied any consultation if it was time to administer the morphine that my dad wanted. The final hours of my father's life were filled with anxiety, pain, suffering and fear. To top it all off there was the uncaring, heartless hospital staff who have left my sister, brother and I devastated! It's not hospital policy to contact another doctor if the one on call doesn't respond. We watched our father thrash around his hospital bed gasping for air while 10-15 nurses stood around and threatened him that they would tie down his arms if he didn't stop . When my siblings and I demanded that we wanted another doctor, and for something to be done to sedate our father, hospital staff replied by calling security on us. Our father died a horrible death, not only from the complications of his disease, but from an uncaring and negligent hospital staff and that definitely includes Dr. Viet Ta. I can definitely say that my entire family would NOT recommend Dr. Viet Ta or San Antonio Community Hospital for anyone!

Feb 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The wait was over an hour long.

Feb 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Ta has been my doctor for over 8 years. I appreciate his expertise as a medical profession and his candor in discussing health issues. He always shows concern for my issues and gives me the information/medical attention I need to improve my issue

Feb 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I felt like I was being rushed out since it was after 5 pm. The three things that were supposed to be handled by the dr, still haven't been addressed, even after I made a follow up phone call a week later.

Feb 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Ta has always been a wonderful doctor. I have been seeing him since 2006 and he has always been very helpful and caring. He goes above and beyond for his patients to see that they get the best care possible. I have and will continue to recommend him.

Feb 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Ta doesn't just prescribe medications and send you off. He listens to what's going on, and takes the time to answer questions!

Jan 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been seeing Dr. Ta for a few years and I'm always impressed with his kindness and medical knowledge. He is a great doctor and person.

Jan 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr viet ta, is the best doctor i every had. He listen to you and answer all your question and cares for all of his patients.

Jan 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Everyone at the office is amazing! They are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. They will answer even the silly questions with real information. I am more than happy with the service provided.

Jan 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Ta explained to me that I had a Muscle Tear in my Right Bicep and recommended for me to have exrays taken of my Shoulder. He gave me a prescrfiption for Pain and He would call tomorrow and tell me what the Exrays showed.

Jan 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Ta is great. Caring, knowledgable and professional.

Jan 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Ta took time to listen and explain my health problem. He was friendly, courteous and very understanding. Excellent doctor. will definitely recommend to friends and family

Jan 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Ta is great that I've recommended him to my family and now 5 family members have added him as their primary doctor!

Jan 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Ta is very professional and personable. He takes the time to listen and actually sits with you and has a conversation as a human being would. I definitely feel valued as a patient and trust my doctor fully. Great Doc!

Jan 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I've been going to Dr Ta for a long time. He's an amazing doctor. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a sharp, knows his stuff, caring, kind doctor.

Jan 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My prescription was messed up it took 3 days to get corrected and it was the worst experience I've ever had in his office. The receptionist didn't seem to care and they have poor customer service. I have switched primary care doctors!

Jan 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Not only is Dr Ta himself very professional & efficient, but so is his staff...in particular,Nelda & Eddie (appt coordinators) and Lisette ( specialists referrals)are helpful and caring in listening & answering patient's needs in a timely fashion..SWS

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
I know they care! show details I know they care!
Nov 4th, 2012

Dr.Ta and his assistant are absolutely wonderful! I've gotten my physical and labs there every year, they stay on top of my health to make sure I even get my mammogram and PAP smear, due to my family history and risk factors. I don't see myself trusting anyone else with my health.

Unfit to be practicing as a Doctor !!! show details Unfit to be practicing as a Doctor !!!
Jan 26th, 2012

I made a Big mistake selecting this Dr Ta as my PCP He tried to impress me on my first visit , but I could see greed written all over his face. He asked me to come for a Physical in the next few days, when I went He was not there but a young Vietnamese Female Dr , her name was Dr Quan she was a relate or a friend from the same country. She was a Pediatrician . I may be a Senior Citizen but I am not senile to let a kids Dr treat me. This is not all, there is lots more !!!If you care for your life and health keep awy from Dr TaThank you

Jun 27th, 2011

I have been Dr Ta Patient for 5 years, and I am very happy with him. I would not go anywhere else! He treats me like a friend and he listens to all my concerns. He is also my childrens Dr my kids are and feel very comfortable with him. I would and do recommend him to all my friends and family!

one of the worst show details one of the worst
Jul 12th, 2010

this doctor doesn't care. His staff is even worse.

Current patient show details Current patient
May 23rd, 2010

Patient and caring doctor; spent time to really listen to the many issues I had. Explained the different medical care options so I could make an informed decision. I've recommended him to my family and friends.

no good show details no good
by BILL R on Apr 25th, 2010

If you have something more than a bandaid can cure dont go to this doctor doesnt return phone calls that are important. Didnt even recheck me when the nurse has made a mistake checking my bp. Than he sent me to the lab in the building which way over charged me he probably got a kickback.Dont go there go to quest lab 1/3 the price. BAD DOCTOR!

Current patient. show details Current patient.
Dec 30th, 2009

The only thing that I feel that the Dr is lacking is patience, He doesnt really listen to what a patient has to say. Your trying to explain to him what is wrong and it seems like his foot is already out the door!!! We pay a fee just to see him, can I at least get my monies worth? I dont think a Dr can make you feel at ease if hes standing the whole time that your in the examing room, have a seat and at least "pretend" that your interested in knowing what is going on with your patients that chooses to see you over hundreds of other physicians......