Emergency Physician, Family Physicians

8383 Grove Ave
Suite 202
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730
909-982-8190
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  show details
by Linda J. on Mar 23rd, 2014

Dr. Ta has been our family physician for the past 10 years; he sees both of my parents along with our kids. He takes his time to explain the medical issues, and you can see that he gives a lot of effort to give an accurate diagnosis. He has been very caring to us even during times when we did not have insurance. It was because of Dr. Ta that I was able to have a neck mass (thyroid cancer) diagnosed early enough to be removed without further complications. It was picked up during a routine physical exam, and I did not even know it was there. I have recommended him to both family and friends.

|  Horrible doctor & hospital!  |  show details
by Jacque Shepherd Pierro on Mar 10th, 2014

My Father who was terminally ill and a patient of Dr. Viet D. Ta, at his office at Foothill Primary Care office, suffered greatly in the last day of his life due to the negligence of Dr. Ta. My father was under Dr. Ta's care at San Antonio Community Hospital when my father had to be admitted with complications from his disease. On the last night and day of my father's life Dr. Ta was on call for my father's case. When Dad started having problems from his disease Dr. Ta was paged by the hospital staff at least 8 times over a 7 hour window and he did NOT respond to ANY of the pages. My father was in full anxiety attacks and having difficulty breathing. Dad had many conversations with Dr. Ta in his Foothill Primary Care Office, as well as, during his last days while admitted to San Antonio Community Hospital about his concerns; how his last days and hours would be, how he might suffer, and what his wishes were for those final hours to spare him of the pain & suffering that he may endure. My father had filled out all the paper work and filed them with the hospital to have morphine administered for comfort care. My father directly discussed this, again, with Dr. Ta and my brother the day before he died because he was having so many complications that the morphine was almost administered then. My sister and I were flying into California to be with him and he wanted to wait until we got there, so it was not administered. Over the last day and night of my father's life he became progressively worse and he struggled greatly. When it came time for my dad's wishes to be put into place so he would not suffer, Dr. Ta could not be contacted because he didn't respond to ANY of the pages that the hospital staff had placed to him. Not only did my father suffer greatly due to this negligence, my sister, brother and I were denied any consultation if it was time to administer the morphine that my dad wanted. The final hours of my father's life were filled with anxiety, pain, suffering and fear. To top it all off there was the uncaring, heartless hospital staff who have left my sister, brother and I devastated! It's not hospital policy to contact another doctor if the one on call doesn't respond. We watched our father thrash around his hospital bed gasping for air while 10-15 nurses stood around and threatened him that they would tie down his arms if he didn't stop . When my siblings and I demanded that we wanted another doctor, and for something to be done to sedate our father, hospital staff replied by calling security on us. Our father died a horrible death, not only from the complications of his disease, but from an uncaring and negligent hospital staff and that definitely includes Dr. Viet Ta. I can definitely say that my entire family would NOT recommend Dr. Viet Ta or San Antonio Community Hospital for anyone!

|  I know they care!  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2012

Dr.Ta and his assistant are absolutely wonderful! I've gotten my physical and labs there every year, they stay on top of my health to make sure I even get my mammogram and PAP smear, due to my family history and risk factors. I don't see myself trusting anyone else with my health.

|  Unfit to be practicing as a Doctor !!!  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2012

I made a Big mistake selecting this Dr Ta as my PCP He tried to impress me on my first visit , but I could see greed written all over his face. He asked me to come for a Physical in the next few days, when I went He was not there but a young Vietnamese Female Dr , her name was Dr Quan she was a relate or a friend from the same country. She was a Pediatrician . I may be a Senior Citizen but I am not senile to let a kids Dr treat me. This is not all, there is lots more !!!If you care for your life and health keep awy from Dr TaThank you

|  show details
Jun 27th, 2011

I have been Dr Ta Patient for 5 years, and I am very happy with him. I would not go anywhere else! He treats me like a friend and he listens to all my concerns. He is also my childrens Dr my kids are and feel very comfortable with him. I would and do recommend him to all my friends and family!

|  one of the worst  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2010

this doctor doesn't care. His staff is even worse.

|  Current patient  |  show details
May 23rd, 2010

Patient and caring doctor; spent time to really listen to the many issues I had. Explained the different medical care options so I could make an informed decision. I've recommended him to my family and friends.

|  no good  |  show details
by BILL R on Apr 25th, 2010

If you have something more than a bandaid can cure dont go to this doctor doesnt return phone calls that are important. Didnt even recheck me when the nurse has made a mistake checking my bp. Than he sent me to the lab in the building which way over charged me he probably got a kickback.Dont go there go to quest lab 1/3 the price. BAD DOCTOR!

|  Current patient.  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2009

The only thing that I feel that the Dr is lacking is patience, He doesnt really listen to what a patient has to say. Your trying to explain to him what is wrong and it seems like his foot is already out the door!!! We pay a fee just to see him, can I at least get my monies worth? I dont think a Dr can make you feel at ease if hes standing the whole time that your in the examing room, have a seat and at least "pretend" that your interested in knowing what is going on with your patients that chooses to see you over hundreds of other physicians......