Dr. Vijay Bahl MD, MBBS Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Pittsburgh, PA

• Good
  • Bad

August 12th, 2015
Office staff is terrible at getting urgent message to him. Sent two urgent emails and left three messages on a Friday morning and did not hear from Dr. Bahl until Monday afternoon. My blood sugars were very high and his staff totally ignored my need.

October 15th, 2014
Run away from this practice
I called to find out if this Dr will prescribe a certain type of thyroid medication and was told I would have to make an appointment to find out. Say what! Ok, so, I would have to pay a copay and any charges my insurance decides they aren't going to pay to even find out if the Dr prescribes the medication I'm interested in?!?! No thank you! I've been calling all day to find out which Dr's in the area do and don't prescribe this medication and this is the one and ONLY Dr who would not give me this answer over the phone. I thought for sure the receptionist didn't understand my question so I tried several times to re-explain it and she was just plain rude. Some may say it's the receptionist and not the Dr who is responsible for this treatment, but who hires the receptionist. Shame on them both!!

January 28th, 2013
Long time patient of Dr. Bahl
Dr. Bahl is up to date on current medical practices regarding endocrinology and internal medicine. He is an extremely knowledgeable and caring physician. He is a respected physician and teacher in his area of expertise, endocrinology . Dr. Vijay Bahl is my physician and the physician I recommend to others. Suggestions: Because of his excellence, he is a very busy physician so, be aware that an appointment with him may have to be scheduled well in advance.. Take a written list of all your questions regarding your health with you to review at your appointment. I have found Dr. Bahl to address all my questions and concerns. He has never been a "pill pusher" as one reviewer has suggested in fact, my experience is exactly the opposite. The practice staff and office staff is very, very busy. The staff is very respectful and conscientious regarding patient scheduling, care, prescriptions and return telephone calls. Please, give them the respect they deserve. Be on time for your appointment and expect to wait 20 minutes or so to see Dr. Bahl. Remember, Good things come to those who wait". Do not expect to jump in and out of this appointment. If you want a good physician take your time, Dr. Bahl will give you his time and expertise. Also, please, please, please, leave your cell phone turned off. No one in the waiting room wants to hear your private or business life, as no one is more important than anyone else. It is usually stressful enough for most individuals and their families waiting to see their physician without having added outside stresses and annoyance placed upon them while waiting. Dr. Bahl has patients who seriously suffer from illness please, know to respect that in advance. opposite.

June 23rd, 2011
I have been a patient of Dr. Bahl's for over 10 years. He is a very kind person and an excellent doctor. I have been very extremely satisfied with how he has handled my condition. I would highly recommend him and his staff.

September 27th, 2009
still not better
After seeing Dr. Bahl for years, all I ever get are more pills to take and still no improvement in health. Looking for a new doc that will get better results.

July 21st, 2017