Dr. Vijaya Atluru MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

January 4th, 2016
The wait time is out of control. Very unprofessional. If I did this to my clients, I wouldn't have any clients, and I would be fired.

March 25th, 2015
She is great and will explain everything to you and never rushes you out of the room. As with all kids they don't like going to the doctor, but my son never minds going here to see Dr. Atluru

August 13th, 2013
a mom
It took months just to get an appointment and when I did go to the appointment, the office "claimed" they tried to reach me to reschedule. They refused to see me even though I told them I took the day off from work and my son missed school. I had to wait another month for the appointment. The doctor's report was never sent to the school although I requested it several times. Rude, irresponsible and unprofessional!!!

August 12th, 2013
I have been taking my kids to Dr. Atluru for the past several years. Some days shes okay and other days her bedside manner stinks to put it nicely. My 7 year old daughter's school psychologist called the office to see if there was anything to discuss from our last appointment and the staff informed her very nonchalantly that my child had a mild case of CP just like always. I was floored when I heard this. Not once did Dr. Atluru ever bring this up to me, and my daughter would've never been properly diagnosed if it wasn't for this slip up. Now my child has just had all her services increased in order to better suit her diagnosis. Wouldve been great if we knew this years ago. I am now looking for a new nurologist because I cant deal with her anymore. A dr. should never tell a patient they don't want to keep repeating themselves, or yes them to death. She also has always put off running brain scans and changed the subject. I was insistant at my last appointment that I wanted to repeat the MRI that was done when my daughter was 2 but Dr. Atluru refused since shes sooo sure it will not show anything, Must be nice being a know it all.... yet she failed to diagnose this for years.

October 11th, 2011
Poor I do not recommend!!!
My son has been a patient in this office for over 2 years. Dr. Atluru herself is nice enough, when you get to actually see her. The staff is rude and not helpful. I have NEVER waiting less than 1hour to see the Doctor even when were the 1st appointment of the day. Don't ever ask for a prescription renewal to be mailed because you won't receive it for at least 3 weeks and then when you call to ask why is there a delay you will be told "oh! everyone knows you shouldn't ask for your prescription to be mailed you should have come to pick it up" like their office is so convenient to get to and like I don't have a busy life myself and have all the time in the world to go out of my way to drop by there to pick it up because it is easier for them! When I asked why this done this way I was told that they only write prescriptions ONCE A WEEK!!! and that they do not put stamps on their envelopes because it goes out with the hospital mail first! The staff is rude and there is way too many people behind the counter not doing anything and when you ask a question or need help with anything you are met with an attitude.Looking for a new neuro as I write this because I put up with this nonsense for too long!

January 19th, 2011
A Father
In 3 visit so far, I think we saw her for about 4 minutes

September 10th, 2009
Great attitude and knowledge
Dr Atluru spoke directly to my son-- she treated him with respect and intelligence which made him direct and cooperative. She is knowledgeable and sharing-- she relived a very bad situation

June 22nd, 2017