Dr. Vijayalakshmi Kumar MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 2nd, 2017
Best Rheum
I am very happy with her services. She was very kind and excellent.

April 10th, 2017
The best
I love Doctor Kumar she is wonderful

July 20th, 2016
It took a couple months to get an appointment with Dr Kumar, but after the visit I was very grateful that I had made this appointment with her. Thank you to Dr Kumar for taking time to thoroughly review my medical records and investigate my particular condition. She seemed very knowledgeable on my dermatological skin condition, made recommendations, explained details of all the recommendations, and answered my questions. She put me on the mildest medication for my condition as we investigate through blood work if the condition might be more extensive. Dr Kumar clearly was experienced in this condition and I was reassured that I had a knowledgeable medical person to advised me.

January 26th, 2016
Fantastic rheumatologist
Dr Kumar is the most knowledgeable and caring of physicians in her field. After years of suffering, she was able to properly diagnose my arthritis and direct a care plan that has greatly improved my pain. I cannot thank her enough.

October 14th, 2015
It took some time to diagnose my issues, yet Dr Kumar explained to me early on that it would take some time to narrow it down. She has been extremely professional, and instrumental to my quality of life.

March 24th, 2015
Doesn't listen
I was very hopeful that she could figure out what was wrong with me. She ran a lot if tests, which I thought "good!". She said everything was negative for RA, and I asked had she tested for Lupus. She stayed she didn't, but would run another test. I Guess it was negative as I never heard back from her. She did refer me to a hematologyist because of how my platelets were. The hemo Dr. included an ANA test with the others she ran. It's was a high positive for Lupus. My primary emailed Dr. Kumar who feels that it is "non-significant". She however was supposed to call me and run a few more tests. That has been two months ago and still have never heard anything. Needless to say I asked for a referral to someone else.

May 12th, 2014
Great Doctor
She is very detailed, explains things clearly, knows what she is doing, I feel very confident in her treatment of my condition.

April 21st, 2014
Dr. Kumar is very capable. She is extremely thourough. She listens and offers helpful answers. Dxd over 35 yrs with RA, she is the BEST RA dr. I ever had.

February 14th, 2014
Patient over 5 yrs
Dr. K was exceptional ! I have been a patient for years and have never been treated with such kindness and respect. Not only does she explain her treatment she follows up to make sure I was doing ok. Highly recommend this clinician. She knows her specialty very well. Office staff was super

February 10th, 2014
Slow to respond to prescription refill requests.
Been with Dr. Kumar for almost 4 years. Is slow to respond to pharmacy and refill inquires. Does not time refill requests and has left with out medications for periods of time. Primary nurse tends to make decisions without consulting doctor.

June 13th, 2012
Dr Kumar is caring, trustworthy and thorough. I feel totally confident in her care. I could not be more satisified.

May 30th, 2012
Rude
This dr. is rude and only wants to hear herself talk. She is arrogant and is all about bragging about what board she's on. 9 out of the ten times i have seen her, she walks in asks how i feel, then ignores my answer and my visit is over. I do not recommend this dr.