A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Vijayan Balan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Vijayan Balan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Vijayan Balan, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Viral Human Hepatitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Balan graduated from Madras Medical College, Chennai. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Balan has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Mayo Clinic Hospital
- Mayo Clinic - Arizona
- Mayo Clinic Hospital, Phoenix, Az
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Vijayan Balan BS, MBBS, and MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Gastroenterology and Hepatology.
- Where does Dr. Vijayan Balan practice?
- Dr. Vijayan Balan has 2 office locations.
Dr. Vijayan Balan practices Gastroenterology and Hepatology near Phoenix, AZ.
See Phoenix Gastroenterologists and Phoenix Hepatologists.